Family Service Counselor (Sales)
Company: Park Lawn Corporation
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Why Work for Shackelford Funeral Home?
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong
work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the
family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through
education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options,
designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and
help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both
Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your
role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional
replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to
help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the
development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to
every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service,
drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for
This position will be responsible for establishing a professional
relationship with the client families to ensure all needs are met
at the time of need or on a pre-need basis and all options
pertaining to interment, cemetery property, and related merchandise
and services exceeds the families' expectations.
- Performs duties in a professional and caring manner with
personal appearance, honesty, integrity and ethical business
- Provides tours and guides families to the cemetery lot
- Builds relationships, ensures excellent service and develops
potential referrals while attending services and visitations for
client families; schedules and conducts aftercare appointments to
ensure client family satisfaction and obtain referrals.
- Ensures compliance within state and industry regulations and in
accordance with company policies and procedures by accurately
completing required documents, insuring proper interment
verification process and conducting random audits.
- Maintains strict adherence to pricing structures, meeting
required timelines by submitting all contracts, required documents
and payments to the Business Office.
- Reports to the Sales Manager all progress, completes and
submits all required reports timely.
- Actively pursues the development of new prospects and
community-based contacts by conducting presentations that highlight
merchandise, services and the benefits of pre-need arranging at
business locations, client family homes and public community
- Sustains positive communication and cooperation with all
funeral homes, departments and team members to ensure a service
that exceeds the family expectations.
- Consistently meets or exceeds company standards in revenue
generation to maintain employment and benefits eligibility
- Protects confidentiality of company and client family
information, including but not limited to sales and marketing
programs, materials, names and addresses of client families and any
additional related information.
- Participates in all required specific location and company
- Identifies and responds to all hazards at location and on
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience preferred.
- Prefer college degree or some college required.
- Proven track record of success in outside sales production
- May require the possession (or ability to obtain) an insurance
license as required by applicable state law.
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual is
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner
in accordance with the employer's requirements.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share
through community involvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Access and PowerPoint) preferred
- Tactful and professional when dealing with complaints or
dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment through
organization and communication.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes
tasks, and exercise good judgment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally
performed in an indoor office setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as
inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas,
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this
position includes, but is not limited to computer, fax, copier,
merchant terminal, multi-line phone system, personal or company
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit,
stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 25 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood
borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: Low
- This position may require up to 10 percent out of area and
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Park Lawn Corporation, Huntsville , Family Service Counselor (Sales), Sales , Waynesboro, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...