Bridge Engineer In Training - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: July 25, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people.
Our Transportation Market - Bridge Group is excited to add to their
growing team in one of our offices along the Gulf Coast region.
* Assist in designing bridge and roadway projects, including
coordination with engineers, designers, technicians, and CADD
* Participate in bridge inspections for routine and complex bridge
structures, the development of the preparation of engineering
reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
* Preparation and review preliminary and final plans and technical
specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make
recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when
modifications are necessary.
* Communicate and interact with project team members, client
representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to
project. Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g.,
conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional
materials, difficult coordination requirements).
* Perform tasks that demonstrate strong attention to detail, strong
organizational and time management skills, build and maintain
excellent interpersonal relationships and to work independently on
multiple tasks preferred. Strong written and verbal communication
and collaborative skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil/Transportation/Structural Engineering
is required; Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in bridge design engineering which
included project work on complex structures, finite element
analysis, seismic analysis and design; Strongly prefer MDOT or
* Bridge inspection experience/certification preferred.
* E.I. certification required.
* Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering
principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO
* Experience in developing and modifying MathCADD programs.
* Experience with bridge engineering software including LEAP Bridge
and MDX, is required. Refined analysis with Midas or other finite
element analysis software is preferred.
* Expertise in Microstation V8i, Inroads, Open Roads Designer, and
Microsoft Office applications, (particularly Word and Excel)
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment
agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is
required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH
explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those
candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial
obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such
unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Huntsville , Bridge Engineer In Training - Transportation Market, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!