Electrical Engineer II - Power
Posted on: May 18, 2019
We are Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS), a technology and innovation
leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where
youll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve
some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
We are seeking a Power Electronics Engineer to assume a key role
within the System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you enjoy power converter design?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical
to the defense of our nation?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a
comprehensive relocation package.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any
standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and
- Architect circuit card assembly-level power schemes.
- Utilize power conversion simulation programs like SIMPLIS to
model converter design performance.
- Utilize analysis tools like MathCAD to assess electrical design
robustness of power circuitry.
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through
PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power
- Design power converters to meet a set of requirements,
sometimes defining those requirements.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
- Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
Note: This position can be an Electrical Engineer II or Sr.
Electrical Engineer I based upon the applicants qualifications as
they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility
requirements of the position.
Required Skills, and Experience:
Required: U.S. Citizenship required. This position requires the
eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from
an accredited University.
- Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with analog
electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp
- Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with linear
converters, and any of the following non-isolated converter
topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Must have experience using PSPICE (or similar), and other
circuit simulation tools.
- Must have experience with analysis tools such as MathCAD.
- Must have design and/or test experience with thermal concerns
- Must have design and/or test experience with taking, analyzing,
and correcting Bode plots.
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to
function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management
- Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication
- Must be customer-focused.
- A minimum of 2 years professional work experience required.
Electrical Engineering Bachelors Degree from an accredited
University, with 2 or more years professional experience.
Mathematics and Physics degrees may also be acceptable.
Desired Skills, and Experience:
- Design, analysis, or test experience with any of the following
isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge,
push-pull.Professional experience with digital power control.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and Hyperlynx.
- Experience with guiding ECAD folks through layout (power
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power
- Experience with military specifications.
- Experience with transformer and inductor design
- Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Design experience with voltages > 400V.
- Design experience with power > 10 kW.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned
- Experience with proposal development.
This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or
maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the
position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance
factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US,
foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding
security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO
website at: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
Huntsville is known as the Rocket City due to the development of
rockets supporting the space program. It is the home to the U.S.
Space and Rocket Center and NASAs Marshall Space Flight Center, the
Missile Defense Agency, and the Armys Aviation and Missile Command
on the Redstone Arsenal. Raytheon is located in the Cummings
Research Park (https://cummingsresearchpark.com/) which is the 2nd
Largest Research Park (26,000 employees) in the United States.
Huntsville is the fastest growing city in the state of Alabama and
boasts great infrastructure with wonderful commute times (one way
commute 19 minutes). With all of the recent growth, many new
developments and construction are underway close to Cummings
Huntsville area information:
Rocket City Information
Huntsville Chamber of Commerce
138227Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Huntsville , Electrical Engineer II - Power, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!