Senior Analyst, Procurement (Senior Buyer)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job OverviewAerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Senior Procurement
Analyst (Buyer) for our facility in Huntsville, AL.Performs
procurement activities that range from Preliminary Contract Award,
Pre-Contact Award, and Post Contract and Supplier relations.
Requires in-depth working knowledge and application of procurement
concepts, practices, and techniques. Typical responsibilities
- Issue and manage request for quotes (RFQ) to suppliers for new
- Monitoring supplier performance through use of internal
- Work directly with the Price Cost Analysis team
- Selecting payment type.
- Conducting informal negotiations, which may lead to a written
- Issuing contract modifications.
- Work directly with program team members to determine the
supplier that would best support program and customer needs
- Manage each contract award to maintain delivery schedule and
work directly with the supplier to mitigate any risk to
- May issue Firm Fixed Price, Time, Material and Labor Hour
purchase orders, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Service Agreements
and Cost type contacts. This current opening may be filled at this
level or at one level higher. About Us is the Trusted Disruptor for
the global aerospace and defense industry. With customers'
mission-critical needs always in mind, our more than 50,000
employees deliver end-to-end technology solutions connecting the
space, air, land, sea and cyber domains.Aerojet Rocketdyne, an
L3Harris Technologies Company, is growing in The Rocket City,
Huntsville, AL! We've begun hiring for our third facility in the
Huntsville area, a 379,000 sq.ft. manufacturing facility near the
Huntsville airport that will specialize in the production and
assembly of inert solid rocket motor components. We are also
continuing to grow at our Huntsville center of excellence for
Missile Solutions Program Management and Engineering, as well as
our Advanced Manufacturing Facility in north Huntsville, where we
produce advanced propulsion products. You're not just "doing a job"
at . The work you perform makes significant contributions to
national security and space exploration.
- Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and
work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation's
aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture:
- Rest and Relaxation - Accrue 3 weeks of vacation to start plus
separate sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing longer weekends.
Plus 90 hours of paid holidays on average throughout the year.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health
Savings Accounts, and Wellness programs. Want to know more? Check
- Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
- Professional Development - Tuition assistance, free
professional development training through Rocket University and
Energetics University, employee recognition, and leadership
- Employee Resource Groups - Local and Enterprise employee-led
volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to
support a culture where everyone belongs
- Great Location - Huntsville has been named the second-best
place to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report's
2023-2024 rankings. The city's thriving job market, low cost of
living and high quality of life were cited as the primary reasons
for its top ranking. Essential FunctionsWorking under limited
general direction:60% - Handles fundamental procurement activities
including acquisition of materials, components and services at
realistic and competitive prices, which meet schedule, safety and
quality standards.20% - Performs price/cost analysis.20% - Provides
proposal support.RequirementsRequires a Bachelor's degree in an
appropriate discipline and six (6) years of directly related
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Must be familiar with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or
(DFAR), codes and procedures pertaining to procurement and
contractual agreements, as well as principles and practices of
- Must have Buyer experience within DoD environment
- Knowledge of procurement documentation, methods and techniques
utilized in determining and analyzing the quality of equipment,
materials, services and supplies.
- Knowledge of methods of invoicing, including shipping and
handling charges, discounts and taxes.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain applicable purchasing
policies and procedures.
- Ability to conduct price analysis and simple proposal
evaluations.Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or
other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal
government requirements for access to government information and
having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet
this requirement. Work Environment/Physical Requirements:Employees
in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard
office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a
computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail
despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to
15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping,
crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and
a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person
and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or
auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as
safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be
expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful
operation of activities in the organization.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Huntsville , Senior Analyst, Procurement (Senior Buyer), Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!