Platform Architect (Branch or Satellite Location Available)
Company: CB&S Bank
Posted on: January 23, 2023
GENERAL FUNCTION:The IT Platform Architect is the primary
technical designer and architect for the technologies used in the
environment. This includes all aspects of server, storage, and
database management, including building and deploying servers,
allocating virtual resources, evaluating performance requirements,
performing performance monitoring and tuning, building deployment
plans, evaluating technology and vendor managed services, and
consulting with end-users.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform planning, analysis, design, development and testing of
new and existing infrastructure systems & Data Centers.
- Design and implement processes and procedures to support
disaster recovery and business continuity plans per FDIC
- Develop implementation plans to support IT initiatives by
diagnosing, researching and resolving complex issues for
infrastructure systems. Translate vendor specifications into
appropriate system designs.
- Define, maintain, and evolve infrastructure architecture
principles, policies and standards.
- Design and maintain standard deployment of corporate VoIP
ShoreTel telecomm systems.
- Perform due diligence and design potential integration plans
for all new branch acquisitions or installations.
- Develop technology roadmap for all infrastructure levels.
- Lead medium to large technical projects in support of systems,
configuring and installing hardware, software, and other
components, as well as development and implementation of new
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information
- Work with Technology Director to analyze bank business drivers
to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and
recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine
their potential impact on the bank.
- "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the
- Design and lead the implementation of an infrastructure
architecture strategy based on bank requirements and IT
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with
ensuring enterprise application architecture compliance.
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise
infrastructure portfolio from current to future state (as defined
by the Technology Director).
- Coordinate application architecture implementation and
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product
standards, as well as the design of standard software
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills,
processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the
- Work closely with the project management office (PMO) to ensure
alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Incorporates effective change and risk management
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate IT solution
- Insure escalated calls have been handed off to appropriate IT
technicians and that the pertinent information is logged within the
escalated trouble ticketADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and drives the Change Management, Incident
Management and other processes and frameworks of ITIL.
- Creating and maintaining client relationships with bank service
- Keeps abreast of new procedures and technology implemented by
the technology department
- Demonstrated ability to work with all personnel responsible for
or using the computer systems as well as third party vendors
- Ensure that all software is legal. Report any instances of
abuse to management
- Provide customer support to all departments in the bank
relating to technology issues as assigned or as related to service
- Remotely assist employees with technology problems when
- 10 years' experience in a multiple vendor information systems
infrastructure environment that is supported 24x7.
- Must have hands on experience in VMware, MS Exchange and MS
Active Directory experience.
- Must have hands on experience working with Pure SAN.
- Must have hands on experience in managing Cisco technology in
switching and firewall.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware,
software, protocols, and standards.
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
- VMware Infrastructure administration and maintenance.
- Citrix Workspace Suite
- HP Servers/Laptops/Desktops/Thin Clients.
- Pure SAN and Veeam
- WAN network optimization using Cisco/Fortinet.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of operating
systems OS workstations and servers.
- VOIP using ShoreTel
- Telecommunications & MPLS technology.
- Detailed knowledge of current technologies and developments in
the IT industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp
new concepts quickly and have the desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal and interpersonal
skills are a must as is the ability to embrace change in a positive
and enthusiastic manner.
- Experience with server hardware, Window/Linux network OSs, SAN
storage systems, virtual server platforms, disk to disk backup
systems, messaging systems, data center facility management (power,
AC, server configurations), system management tools, desktop
management systems, WANs, LANs, Security, IP, DNS, DFS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of routing, mass storage, clustering, mail
routing protocols, load-balancers, capacity planning
- ITIL certification desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations and
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports and
present recommendations to the senior management and the Board of
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees,
vendors, and management.STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:We will be honest
in all that we do. We will conduct ourselves in a professional,
dignified manner.We will always treat our customers with respect.
Must be courteous and respectfully of all customers and employees.
We will treat co-workers, peers, and vendors with the same degree
of respect and consideration we give our customers and expect for
ourselves.We will maintain a cheerful positive attitude about our
bank, industry, peers, customers, and supervisory personnel.Attempt
to return all phone calls the same day as they are received.We will
conduct an informal performance appraisal of all personnel
reporting directly to you quarterly and a detailed performance
review annually.We will see that all supervisory personnel under
your supervision conduct the same type of review on personnel they
supervise.We will keep confidential information
confidential.Vmware, virtualization, thin client, remote desktop,
midrange, storage, san, firewalls, infrastructure, exchange,
microsoft servers, vm servers, Fiserv
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: CB&S Bank, Huntsville , Platform Architect (Branch or Satellite Location Available), Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!