Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Company: Advanced Technology Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Maintenance Technician Senior
Under minimal supervision, performs expert level mechanical,
electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive
maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals,
diagrams, sketches etc. Consults with engineering experts when
reference materials do not exist.
Performs expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This
includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to
location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access
to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect
imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and
control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts;
testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for
electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and
repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as
necessary. Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and
/ or reliability of equipment.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry
- Works with Planner Scheduler to optimize preventative
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining
operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press,
grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May
perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Leads, drives and participates in CI activities--processes,
results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership
to project teams. Performs expert functions as a part of training
- Troubleshoots and analyzes complex control systems to resolve
in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect
equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history and analyzes
- Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical
self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations,
technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and
identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 5 years of related
experience in specific industry; or, 7 years of experience in
- Experience in predictive technologies, precision alignments,
and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control
systems. Can analyze the problem, synthesize alternative solutions,
and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as
- Experience in vibration analysis or laser interferometer
operations, precision alignments, and maintenance of applicable
- May be required to travel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance
to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required
to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally
exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually
very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed
to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory
Benefits:- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and
disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money
pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare
for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous
Learning and Development programs and Tuition
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life
You should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Conveyor Systems
Keywords: Advanced Technology Services, Huntsville , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Professions , Russellville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!