Construction Welder and Pipefitter Apprentice
Company: Lee Company
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Summary of Job: Job Profile Summary
Assists in all related tasks (e.g., cutting, fit-up, welding,
grinding, and painting) in the process of producing welded pipe and
various structural steel assemblies per drawings and
specifications.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but
are not limited to)Assists journeyman level craft workers in the
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine
what material, tools, and equipment will be needed to complete
- Cut, bevel, and prep pipe for welding.
- Perform pipe fitting assembly per spool drawings holding
correct welding gaps, dimensions, and fitting orientations.
- Weld root, fill, and cap passes on pipe in any position in
conformance to specified quality acceptance criteria.
- Assemble and weld various structural steel products per drawing
- Operates horizontal band saw, beveling machine, GMAW (MIG) and
GTAW (TIG) welders, pipe positioners, electrostatic paint, and leak
- Utilize specified personal protective equipment and safe work
practices.Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of related tools and
- Proficient in reading and interpreting drawings and
- Knowledgeable of welding quality requirements and able to
inspect welds relative to standard acceptance criteria.
- Able to use various measuring, locating, and testing tools and
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as
well as in a team environment. Must be able to handle stress and
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others. Lee Company is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability,
genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.
Keywords: Lee Company, Huntsville , Construction Welder and Pipefitter Apprentice, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!