Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
World Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist
Amentum is currently seeking Evidence Inventory, Control, and
Management Specialist in Quantico, VA and Huntsville, AL.A
successful candidate will provide evidence inventory services to
properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all
evidence and forensic materials entering the facility. Note: For
this section, evidence may also include database
samples.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive boxes of casework and related materials.
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary; enter
data (laboratory number, case ID number, Questioned / Known
numbers, and descriptions.
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody forms.
- Enter data into the Sample Tracking and Control Software
(STACS) system and / or FA, create examination plan, and generate
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific
- Prepare boxes for return to contributor.
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials,
including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic
materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current STACS and / or FA software for evidence
inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as they arise.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.Required
- B.S. degree in science disciplines or criminal justice.
- One year of evidence inventory, control and management
- Computer data entry
- Course work in forensics
- Familiarization with QA / QC
- Experience with a LIMS
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication
- The above experience should demonstrate the capability to
deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo,
frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time.
It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively
with senior members of external organizations to develop and
support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations,
and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
Keywords: PAE, Huntsville , Evidence Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!