Engineering Technician 2 - ERC
Company: ERC, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
*****This position is for 3rd shift including weekends. DO NOT
APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR 3RD SHIFT WORK SCHEDULE
INCLUDING WEEKENDSERC is a servant-leader oriented company with
approximately 2,000 employees and multiple contracts across the US.
We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job
satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding
quality of service received by our customers.Your role:In your role
as an Engineering Technician II you will support climatic testing
to include maintenance and operational setup of all test equipment.
These responsibilities include the setup, monitoring, inspection,
collection of test data and evaluating all systems as defined in
test plans. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and
in writing to adequately translate data into the proper format for
report purposes. Previous experience with computer hardware and
software is preferred to program and operate the various automated
equipment and computers. Position requires to work 3rd shift and
weekends. The incumbent will be expected to perform other duties as
assigned. The technician will ensure that all the environments for
which a test item will be conditioned to simulate, such as: rain,
salt, fog, high temperature/low humidity, high humidity/high
temperature, altitude and thermo-shock are properly calibrated,
maintained and operational and that the instrumentation and test
equipment are performing properly. The employee will monitor all
test data utilizing hard copy and automated equipment as well as
perform necessary steps to verify data compliance, insure
consistency of data and validate required tolerances. Previous
experience with computer hardware and software is preferred to
program and operate the various automated equipment and
computers.What you'll do all day:
- Work as part of a team of technicians / operators to conduct
- Use your skills to setup, monitor, inspect, collect test data
and evaluate all systems as defined in test plans.
- Support creation of data packages for engineers and
- Create documents that pertain to test failures and
- Perform routine checks on equipment for visual issues or
- Communicate with engineers, technicians, and customers to
discover and develop requirements with the goal of optimizing
current and future improvements to process.
- Verify compliance to test plans for accuracy while validating
tolerances needed for required levels / data.You will love this job
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitaskingMinimum requirements for this position:
- Ability to obtain and maintain SECRET clearance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of applicable experience supporting engineering or
testing of hardware in the appropriate area of specialization; or 2
years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school
and 1 year of applicable experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Drug screen required.
- Able to work overtime as needed/required.
- Must be capable of working in a hazardous environment including
- Individual must have the capability of obtaining explosive
certification Level II.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government
- Must be a US Citizen.Desired skills and experience for this
- Associates degree in a technical field desired.
- Experience with PLC's is a plus.
- Previous experience working as an Engineering Technician
- Technical writing skillsWhat we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: ERC, Inc., Huntsville , Engineering Technician 2 - ERC, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!