Company: GRAYSON CARTER & SON CONTRACTING, INC.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Construction Heavy Civil & Utility - Building Science -
- Estimating role with high growth potential
- Will consider recent civil engineering and building science
graduates, FE's and PE's.
- Industry leading salary commensurate with experience and
competitive benefits package.--Grayson Carter & Son Contracting,
Inc. has been incorporated since 1994. We are family owned and
operated.--We pride ourselves in developing our people, our
relationships, and our communities.--We construct the
infrastructure which supports our community.--Job Description--
- Obtain and download plans, specifications and other required
information and ensure that this information is organized and
updated as addenda are issued.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site visits to fully
understand the scope of work for the project.
- Distribute plans and specifications to suppliers and
- Work with suppliers and subcontractors to define scopes of work
to ensure they provide correct and accurate pricing.
- Review, level and accurately compare supplier and subcontractor
pricing, which shall be included within estimates.
- Perform erosion control, site demolition, earthwork, drainage,
utility, curbing, concrete and asphalt pavement take-offs from
- Prepare written estimates based upon supplier and subcontractor
pricing and take-offs.
- Follow up on estimates and obtain bid results.
- Effectively communicate with clients on behalf of the
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously if required.
- Work hand in hand with project managers to provide support for
- Utilize CAD and office software to produce and compile
take-offs, reports, and supporting documents.
- Track and compile change orders.
- Develop and prepare workflow schedules for
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science,
Construction Management, or related field.
- Proficient using office software.--CAD, Topcon Magnet
Construction, Civil 3D, Carlson, AGTEK, HCSS HeavyBid experience a
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.--What's On
- Competitive industry leading salary commensurate with
- Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short Term Disability, Simple IRA with match and
potential for other premium benefits.
Keywords: GRAYSON CARTER & SON CONTRACTING, INC., Huntsville , Estimator, Professions , Athens, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!