Molecular Technician I
Company: Eurofins USA
Posted on: May 5, 2021
This position is with Diatherix Eurofins Clinical Diagnostics
which is located in the Hudson Alpha Institute, Huntsville,
Alabama. Diatherix Eurofins Clinical Diagnostics is a
highly-specialized laboratory providing cutting-edge molecular
diagnostic testing services to hospitals and physicians using
proprietary TEM-PCR (Target Enriched Multiplex Polymerase Chain
Reaction) technology for precise detection of infectious diseases
at high levels of sensitivity and specificity, and at very short
turnaround times.Job DescriptionGeneral Description: The Molecular
Technologist I is responsible for specimen labeling, processing,
test performance and storage, lab maintenance, supply stocking,
logging temperature and lot numbers, aliquoting reagents, and
following standard lab procedures, safety guidelines, and HIPAA
polices.Specific Job Functions:Specimen Labeling and Assistance
- Check specimens for proper identification and test orders.
Label for testing and with any error codes that apply to specimen
preparation and transport.
- Properly seal and store specimens at the appropriate
temperature after testing.
- Double check all packaging, boxes, biohazard bags, and sorting
areas for missing specimens or requisitions.
- Clean and maintain the specimen labeling area.
- Clean and maintain all laboratory areas according to the
Clinical Lab Cleaning Schedule and properly document and date
cleaning or maintenance performed.
- Understand and follow reagent labeling and handling procedures
during preparation of wash plates for extraction procedures.
- Prepare wash plates for extraction procedures according to
standard procedures.Technical Duties
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, and maintaining records of patient test
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Document instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Understand and follow procedures for specimen, batch, and plate
labeling and identification so that specimen traceability is
maintained through the entire high-throughput, teamwork testing
- Understand and follow reagent labeling and handling
- Performance of TEM-PCR lab duties is expected to be accurate
and efficient after initial 6 month competency assessment and
maintained at an acceptable level thereafter.
- Clean and decontaminate laboratory testing areas according to
procedure after each day's testing is complete in the area.
- Stock laboratory with supplies.All Areas
- Perform all work duties as assigned by shift on weekly work
schedules, using any downtime for lab maintenance or other assigned
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and
document all quality control activities.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect
test performance or reporting of test results and correct the
problem or immediately notify the day's lead technologist.
- Participate in the laboratory's quality assurance plan.
- Participate in job specific training and annual competency
- Keep workstations clean according to the cleaning policy.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Observe all safety guidelines and report any unsafe conditions
to a lab supervisor or manager.
- Perform any additional duties as directed by Clinical Lab
management. Additional Job Considerations
- A day's schedule can be affected by specimen delivery delays,
possibly resulting in later arrival times or later finish times.
Flexibility with scheduling, within reason, is required.
- Weekend and holiday work is required.
- Work during adverse weather conditions, as much as safety will
allow, is required.
- Lab work requires a majority of time standing or walking and
dexterity with hand-eye coordination.
- Basic computer skills are
- Bachelor of Science in Laboratory Technology or a Life Science
preferred, minimum requirement of an Associate of Science in
Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology
- Qualify as Testing Personnel as defined by CLIA rule
- 3 months of laboratory experience performing PCR and using
micropipettesThis is a full-time position (40 hours per week). The
schedule is to be determined but will be Tuesdays through Saturdays
between 5 AM and 5 PM. Additional InformationAll your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Eurofins USA, Huntsville , Molecular Technician I, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!