Mid Level Electrical Engineer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking motivated
and talented Mid Level Electrical-Engineers to join the Missiles
and Weapon Systems (MWS) Electrical Engineering Team in Huntsville,
Alabama. There are multiple (LEVEL 3)-positions available.The
Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and
growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing
top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and
Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we
deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent.- The
programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include
Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Next Gen Interceptor (contingent
upon award), precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air &
Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense
Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic
Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and
guidance system repair).Position Responsibilities May
Include:Electrical Electronic Systems Design:
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic
and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and
software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational
and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and
compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of
fielded hardware and software over the entire product
- Researches specific technology advances for potential
application to company business needs.Electrical Design and
- Analyzes customer and system requirements to develop basic
architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various
- Develops high-level and detailed designs consistent with
requirements and specifications.
- Validates designs through various methods of review, testing
and analysis. Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance
measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with
- Supports Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and
other technical services of limited scope.
- Provides engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the
product. Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for
future product designs to meet projected
- Assists in developing and validating requirements for various
arious communication, sensor, power, GN&c and other
electromagnetic systems and components.
- Assists in the development and validation of electromagnetic
requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems,
interconnects and structures.
- Assists in developing architectures to integrate components
into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of
analysis to predict component and interconnects performance and to
optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts simple tests to validate performance of
designs to requirements.
- Collects and analyzes data on supplier and partner performance
to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from
manufacturing to customer use by recommending engineering solutions
- Supports project management by preparing and presenting project
status data. Writes simple sections of proposals to support
development of new business.This position requires an active U.S.
Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active)Basic Qualifications (Required
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering processes and
- Experience working both independently and in a team
environmentPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience applying engineering processes and principles
- Experience/domain knowledge of system architecture,
requirements, interface definition, verification, and
- Experience with complex systems development and
- Experience modeling or simulating complex systemsTypical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation
will be offered for eligible internal candidates.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Shift:This position is for 1st
Keywords: BOEING, Huntsville , Mid Level Electrical Engineer, Professions , Meridianville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!