Time To Re Build with Midlevel Structural Loads And Dynamics Analyst at BOEING Now Hiring
Posted on: November 17, 2020
Midlevel Structural Loads And Dynamics Analyst - BOEING
The Boeing Launch Vehicle Loads and Dynamics Team is currently
hiring for a Mid-Level Structural Loads and Dynamics Analyst to
support the Huntsville Loads and Dynamics manager across various
Programs. The Space Launch System (SLS) program (primary program
supported), in conjunction with NASA, is developing the nation''s
capability in manned access to space, including destinations beyond
Earth orbit.This position independently performs loads development,
integration, and documentation of advanced structural analysis
across multiple Boeing Development Systems (BDS) programs,
including the SLS Program and Commercial Crew.This position will
perform detailed finite element modeling and coupled loads analysis
for the Exploration Upper Stage. You will be responsible for
generating design loads in pursuit of the overall design,
development, and test of hardware.This position is a member of the
loads, and dynamic team based in Huntsville,
- Directly supports the Huntsville Alabama Loads and Dynamics
Flight Capability leader across multiple programs and several
- Conducts analysis processes independently, in consultation with
more senior engineers, to support loads analyses.
- Loads analysis includes independent simulations using NASTRAN
of all ground and flight events to which the launch vehicle is
exposed, and the development of internal loads on secondary
structures or components associated with these flight events.
Examples include liftoff, ascent (gust/buffet response), and
base-drive analysis using NASTRAN, etc.
- Performance of loads and dynamics analysis to assure compliance
with structural integrity and stability requirements, taking
guidancefrom the Technical Lead.
- Analysis, test, and certification of space flight hardware
designs forNASA''s Space Launch Systems, Exploration Upper Stage
- Leadership will include tasking and oversight of junior and
- Method selection, tools, and technical authority will be
- Customer contact and coordination will be instrumental and a
critical skill for the successful candidate.
- Hardware includes cryogenic, pressurized and unpressurized
structure, propulsion delivery systems, mechanisms and mechanical
- Production support is also performed.
- Some travel may be required, includes the production facility
in New Orleans, test houses and suppliers in various states.Work
Authorization:This position requires the ability to obtain a US
Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship. (Post Start).This position requires the ability to
obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration
(NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background
investigation by U.S. Government authorities.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience using NASTRAN and PATRAN finite element modeling
- 2 or more years ofexperience using MATLAB or similar language
environment to develop analytical tools or perform numerical
modeling of complex systems.
- 2 or more years of experience in launch vehicle loads
development, including Couple Loads Analyses (CLA).
- 2 or more years of experience in generating launch vehicle
Craig-Bampton Models and performing Coupled Loads Analysis.
- 1 or more years of experience in creating launch vehicle Load
Transformation Matrices (LTM) for aerospace applications.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree of higher in Mechanical or Aerospace
- Desirable to have experience in dynamic test planning and test
data evaluation for launch vehicles.
- Experience with structural dynamic analysis and/or FEA based
- Experience with loads development for NASA or Air Force
- Experience on space, launch vehicle, and/or aircraft
- Experience in NASA Space programs or a related Space or Defense
program.Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more
years'' related work experience or an equivalent combination of
technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years''
related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.This
Keywords: BOEING, Huntsville , Time To Re Build with Midlevel Structural Loads And Dynamics Analyst at BOEING Now Hiring, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!