Cyber Security/IA Analyst
Company: Summit Technical Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking a Cyber
Security/Information Assurance Analyst to provide system protection
and network defense support on the Command Information Management
Systems (CIMS III) contract in Huntsville, AL.
Conduct risk assessment and provide recommendations for RMF system
reviews. Involved in a wide range of cybersecurity services,
including network defense, data integrity and application of
security software. Use encryption technology, penetration and
vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and
information technology security research. May prepare security
reports to regulatory agencies. Complete understanding and wide
application of technical principles, theories and concepts, related
to cybersecurity. Day to day monitoring, analysis, decision-making,
and response to firewall rule events, intrusion prevention system
events, data loss prevention system events, antivirus events, and
host based security events.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate response, track, and monitor compliance to directives
issued by SMDC.
- Participate in response to verified cyber-attacks.
- Classified material incident handling and directing cleanup
- Complete regular situational awareness reports and daily
- Perform regular management and maintenance of network
vulnerability scanning tools and other cybersecurity tools and
performing vulnerability assessment scans as necessary.
- Provide input/artifacts as part of the Risk Management
Framework (RMF) process including reviews and accreditations.
- Analyze and assist in the application of Security Technical
Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance
Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), and Independent Validation and
Verification (IV&V) Assessments.
- Support the definition and application of the appropriate CIMS
III program security posture.
- Apply cost effective, timely and proactive cybersecurity
measures and controls for the CIMS III program.
- Provide guidance on vulnerability and malware remediation.
- Provide Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
database information inputs.
- Suggest cybersecurity solutions and process improvements to
help minimize the risks to computer network defense threats.
- Exercise independent judgment within the defined CIMS III
processes and procedures when pursuing, recommending, or executing
- Enforce cybersecurity requirements related to security
clearances and background checks.
Required SkillsQualified candidates will have the following
experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and 5+ years of
related experience; OR Associates's degree in related field and 8+
years of experience.
- Security+ CE or equivalent IAT Level II certification
- Current Secret clearance
Required ExperienceWhat makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional
results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize
that our customers' high regard for our consistently high
performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional
work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a
strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on
customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan, with immediate eligibility
for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest
level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports "paying it forward" with involvement in
several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard
as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find
Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their
service to our country by supporting our government contracts and
customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty,
and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career
opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity,
sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Job
Keywords: Summit Technical Solutions, Huntsville , Cyber Security/IA Analyst, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!