Administrator Inventory Senior
Company: Cubic Transportation Systems
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Cubic Manufacturing and Procurement
Must Have SAP experience.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for
government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to
solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of
payment and information technology and services for intelligent
travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic
combat training systems, secure communications and networking and
highly specialized support services for military and security
forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we
want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking
employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of
hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect.
We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Responsible for material management and performs a
variety of clerical and administrative duties to support the
management of inventory for assigned areas. This position typically
works under close supervision and direction.
- Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confirms incoming/outgoing orders to verify receipts/ shipments
of items on requisition or invoices:
- Maintains logs and files documents.
- Unloads incoming freight.
- Checks all orders for damage and record on waybill as
- Verifies count against pack list and receive in the inventory
- Resolves discrepancies with procurement
- Organizes and maintains materials in storage areas:
- Secures material in bins, on floor area, on shelves according
to identifying information such as project, material style, size,
or type of material
- Maintains supply chain components for maintenance activities
and programs by submitting requisitions and/or sales orders for
materials to fill orders
- Distributes stock among technicians, keeping records of
- Maintains inventory in local and external storage areas (vans
and customer locations).
- Fulfills internal and external supply and material
- Receives customer documentation and enters data from field
- Updates all internal process documentation.
- Receives and processes all incoming and outgoing customer
- Processes shipments according to packaging requirement
instructions derived from contracts
- Performs all shipping functions and maintains detailed manifest
of shipments (incoming and outgoing):
- Maintains logs and file documents.
- Utilizes 3rd party software to produce required shipping and
bar code labels for all shipping suppliers
- Works with managers and supervisors to support investigative
reports and provide general support
- Maintains an understanding of how time is projected vs. being
utilized and be able to identify when non-conforming trends
- Tracks and documents occurrences of activities believed to be
out of the scope of the business plan and report to manager, as it
- Controls inventory for work in process through inventory
transactions in the inventory systems
- Controls cycle counts to support audits, including
investigation and resolution of inventory count
- Monitors opening and closing of work orders and RMAs
- Creates requisitions for inventory needs
- Interfaces with other departments, to evaluate program needs,
related inventory issues and priorities
- Consolidates locations whenever possible and keeps locator
- Suggests and implements improvements to internal processes.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Two year college degree or equivalent and a minimum of six years
related experience. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs and
the ability to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance.
Knowledge of spreadsheet, database, presentation, e-mail and
appointment scheduling software desirable. Must be able to exercise
tact, diplomacy, courtesy and judgment in communications with all
levels of employees and outside contacts. Ability to follow written
and verbal instructions. Able to perform administrative work
requiring a high degree of accuracy. Ability to prioritize work,
complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines. Ability to work
at a computer for extended periods of time. Must have good oral and
written communication skills. Knowledge of MIL-SPEC packaging
materials and processes desirable. Working knowledge in the
planning and management of all aspects of Material Management
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.
Keywords: Cubic Transportation Systems, Huntsville , Administrator Inventory Senior, Professions , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!