Posted on: May 19, 2019
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldChemistPAE is seeking chemists to support active contracts in
Huntsville, AL.? The position may require CONUS and OCONUS
travel.Description: The chemist supports the delivery of Homemade
Explosives (HME) training course by preparing practical exercise
scenarios, preparing materials used in the explosives
demonstrations, preparing and conducting classroom
exercises/demonstrations and laboratory maintenance and clean
up.The chemist will be required to prepare fuels, oxidizers and
other chemical materials used in all aspects of the HME class. This
consists of grinding materials, weighing materials, packaging
materials and configuring scenarios with proper chemical materials.
Chemists may also be required to assist in mixing of fuels and
oxidizers when proper understanding and competencies in explosives
handling and safety are successfully demonstrated by the selected
chemist.The chemist will be required to teach specific blocks of
instructions. The following is a representative list of training
modules selected chemists will be required to instruct:
- Chemical Instrument Training lecture. The proper use,
maintenance, calibration and operation of the Thermo Fisher
Trudefender RMX, Firstdefender FTX and Gemini. The chemist will
also provide instrument support to the students during
- Drug and Explosives Lab lecture. Chemical precursor overlap
between a drug laboratory and an explosives laboratory.
- HME Training Laboratory demonstrations. Chemical precursor and
explosive synthesis processes will be discussed in a laboratory
setting in detail. Several chemistry demonstrations will be
- Student Mixing demonstration. The students will prepare
explosive mixtures under the guidance of the chemists.Additional
chemist responsibilities include:
- Maintenance, calibration and service of all chemical
instruments used in the HME training course. These instrument
include the following instruments:? Thermo Fisher Trudefender RMX
(Raman), Thermo Fisher Firstdefender FTX (FTIR), and Thermo Fisher
Gemini (tandem Raman-FTIR)
- Monitoring and tracking inventories of chemicals and materials
that support the chemist?s mission with the HME class.
- Collection of data regarding the success/failure rate of the
HME demonstration shots.
- Assisting ATF scientists with special projects as
needed.Candidates with experience synthesizing explosives mixtures
and/or forensic examination of explosive mixtures are preferred.
Also, knowledge and experience in the forensic examination of
controlled substances is also preferred.It is recognized that some
candidates may not have all the necessary experience being sought.
Selected candidates will receive extensive training associated with
HME processes. Selected candidates will be required to demonstrate
proper level of knowledge, safety and understanding of explosives,
the precursors and the mixing process prior to participation in the
synthesis of improvised materials.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must not be prohibited for possessing and transferring
explosive materials as defined in Title 18, United States Code,
Section 1102, Chapter 40.
- Microsoft Office Suite qualifications.
- Strong research, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to converse courteously with advanced-level students
who can be vocal in their opinions.
- Willingness for continuing education associated with explosives
and specifically improvised explosives.
- A Bachelor?s degree from an accredited university (e.g.,
chemistry, radiochemistry, or closely related field) coupled with 5
years directly relatable experience
- Proficiency working with chemistry instrumentation: Thermo
Fisher Trudefender RMX (Raman), Thermo Fisher Firstdefender FTX
(FTIR), and Thermo Fisher Gemini (tandem Raman-FTIR) experience is
- U.S. citizenship
- Eligible for both US Tourist Passport and US Official
- Able to obtain a Secret government clearance.PAE is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal
opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran?s
status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family
structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or
information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so
long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or
without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category
under federal, state, or local law.EEO is the Law PosterEEO is the
Law Poster Supplement--
Keywords: PAE, Huntsville , Chemist, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!