Systems Engineer - Missile Defense National Team - Kill Vehicle (4)
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Huntsville,Alabama,United States 6K8CP4Overview:
- The Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) provides systems engineering solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for the development and evolution of the Missile Defense System (MDS). The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. The Integrated Discrimination Team (IDT) is a product team that performs systems analyses of the existing MDS architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts to be considered for future MDS architectures.
- If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, can work independently and effectively in teams, and have excellent communication skills then this may be your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of highly talented personnel working on novel concepts and inventive solutions to complex, real-world challenges. Responsibilities:
- Position is for a mid-level engineer on the Missile Defense National Team working on the modeling and analysis of EO/IR sensors and Kill-vehicles/weapons
- Candidate will then incorporate these models/analyses impacts into the Missile Defense System performance and help to devise conceptual operational solutions for the Missile Defense System now and for the next several decades. Occasional travel is required. This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- 3+ years of technical experience with analysis of a complex system
- Individual must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment. Assets (Preferred):
- 1+ years of experience working with EO/IR Sensors in area of modeling, design, or analysis.
- 1+ years of experience working with Kill-Vehicles / Weapons for missile defense environments.
- 3+ years of experience working with using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, or similar language environment
- 3+ years of technical experience with numerical modeling and simulation
- 1+ years of experience working with analysis in aspects of the missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Mid-course Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, missiles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats.
- 1+ years of experience working with system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures)
- 1+ years of experience working with discrimination methods and techniques definition or analysis
- 1+ years of experience working with systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
- 1+ years of team leadership experience is desired.
- Candidates with current TS clearance desired. Typical Education & Experience: Level 4: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Yes, 10 % of the Time Missiles and Weapon Systems Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Systems Engineer - Missile Defense National Team - Kill Vehicle (4), Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!