Missile Defense National Team System Analysis Engineer (3)
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Huntsville,Alabama,United States 6K8CP3Overview:
- The Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) provides systems engineering solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for the development and evolution of the Missile Defense System (MDS).
- The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets.
- The Integrated Discrimination Team (IDT) is a product team that performs systems analyses of the existing MDS architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts to be considered for future MDS architectures. IDT performs analyses using varied fidelity models and simulations to predict performance against evolving threats of current and future sensors, weapons, and counter-countermeasure concepts. In addition, IDT evaluates decision logic and prototypes various scenarios and architectures to optimize overall system performance in a framework giving insight into performance improvements that may be employed by MDA. IDT works closely with the MDA, FFRDCs, along with various contractors and suppliers to bring about conceptual improvements, models & simulations to help define system improvements, new requirements, and perform architecture trade studies to help assess performance benefits of future systems.
- Besides these areas of focus, we also are building models to assess impacts to electronic attack and employment of electronic protection technology.
- We have subject matter experts spanning specialties in Radar, high energy weapons, Electro-Optical/infrared (EO/IR), pattern recognition, remote sensing, modeling & simulation (M&S), tracking, sensor and data fusion, imaging, statistical methods, missile technology, interceptors & kill-vehicles, battle management, concept development, and test.
- If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, can work independently and effectively in teams, and have excellent communication skills then this may be your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of highly talented personnel working on novel concepts and inventive solutions to complex, real-world challenges. Occasional travel is required.This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- The successful applicant must have a technical background in Engineering, Math, or Physics with numerical modeling and simulation, using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, or similar language environment, and any of the following:
- probability analysis, vehicle analysis, system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
- Individual must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment. Assets (Preferred):
- Demonstrated education/experience with System Engineering System Analysis including system performance analysis.
- Analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, hypersonic vehicles, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats.
- Element-level experience with Analysis, Assessment, or Verification and familiarity with MDS Performance Tier 1 Metrics (PES, DA, LAD, RSC, etc).
- Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
- Secret clearance, reinvestigation date less than 5.5 years old (future submittal of paperwork for TS is likely). Candidates with current TS clearance desired. Typical Education & Experience: Level 3: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time Missiles and Weapon Systems Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Missile Defense National Team System Analysis Engineer (3), Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!