Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Huntsville,Alabama,United States 6K8CP6The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Defense/Space/Security (BDS) team in Huntsville, Alabama. This position is for the Mission Assurance Project Lead (MAPL) who will represent the Mission Assurance Capability within the BDS Missile and Weapon Systems Division on the Ground-Based Missile Defense program. The selected candidate will be responsible for system safety, environmental engineering, technical success factors, leading preventative and corrective action efforts, and program Mission Assurance. This position will serve as the first stop for the Division Chief Engineer (DCE), the program Chief Engineer, the Division Mission Assurance Director and the Mission Assurance Division Lead needs (Process insight, independent reviews, readiness reviews, technical issues and risks, vehicle/component deliveries, flight test readiness, among other things). This leader will coordinate, execute, and lead the tasks/activities for approximately five (5) program mission assurance engineers. Position Responsibilities
- Strengthening Mission Assurance best practices on the program with focus on local skill development, risk management & early knowledge points, process rigor to include training where needed, and process improvement where indicated.
- Proactive peer reviews and Technical Independent Reviews (TIRs) are part of the scope of this position, to coordinate with the Mission Assurance Division Lead (MADL) and the program and division chief engineers to identify and execute these reviews within the program master plan.
- Sharing and applying best practices through active engagement with required Subject Matter Experts(SMEs) and the Mission Assurance leadership team within an established operating rhythm.
- Additional responsibility of this position is to ensure Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) is applied to engineering program escapes and to foster preventive RCCA to maximize opportunity for quality products, program success, competitiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- The scope of this position could expand to include Mission Assurance responsibilities for future program efforts, as they surface, including the development of proposal inputs and coordination of staffing needs. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Engineering background to include most aspects of program execution from concept development, design reviews, verification and qualification, and hardware/software delivery and sustainment
- Previous technical leadership role, as a lead engineer.
- Cross-discipline engineering experience and demonstrated understanding.
- Space, launch vehicle experience.
- Experience with new development programs.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of DOD or MDA customer and contracts. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Previous System Engineering/Verification, Mission Assurance, system safety, and/or material review board experience. Typical Education/Experience Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!