Victim Services Specialist - Alabama
Company: Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Posted on: September 15, 2023
- Utilizing independent judgment, conduct individual needs
assessments on victims/survivors of alcohol and drugged driving
crashes for emotional support, information, and referrals,
implementing beneficial interventions based upon those assessments.
Maintain current assessment of victim's coping and need for further
- Based upon assessment, create and implement a tailored case
management action plan for victims, which may include grief support
assistance, crisis intervention, referrals for long-term counseling
issues and other basic needs, as well as support group
facilitation. May accompany victims/survivors to justice
proceedings as appropriate. Provide advocacy by assisting in the
protection and exertion of victims/survivors rights and educating
others about the criminal and civil justice systems.
- Conduct community needs assessments and analyze results to
determine the development, facilitation, and implementation of
appropriate victim services, programs and events.
- Based upon results of community needs assessments, create and
implement effective outreach strategies to reach victims and
survivors of drunk and drugged driving crashes who may not
otherwise be aware of MADD Victim Services.
- Utilizing analysis of community needs assessment, establish and
utilize a network of key individuals in the legal, medical, and
social service systems to facilitate assistance for
victims/survivors. Collect and maintain community resource
information to share with victims and other Victim Services
- Recruit, screen, train, deploy, and recognize volunteers who
provide assistance in meeting Victim Service initiatives.
- Maintain accurate case records, statistical information and
grant reports for each victim case according to MADD and grant
standards and guidelines. May be responsible for grant writing and
reporting to grantor and MADD.
- Bachelor's degree is required in a human services field of
study (i.e. social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice)
with a minimum of one year of experience in victim advocacy
(specifically case management) OR grief support work (specifically
bereaved individuals due to death)
- Equivalent experience that includes experience in victim
advocacy (specifically case management) and/or grief support work
(specifically bereaved individuals due to death).
- Reliable transportation to court attendance is required along
with a flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the
ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and
convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in
writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve
issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment
of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow
instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft
Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into
on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational
standards in job related activities, at work and in the
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take
ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission
Eligible within first 30-45 daysHealth, Dental, VisionRetirement
403(b) + 3% employer matchingMinimum 3 weeks Vacation12 Paid
Holidays per calendar yearUp to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar
yearPaid Sick TimeModified Educational AssistanceParental
LeaveBasic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Insurance covered by EmployerFSA, HRAEmployee Assistance
How to Apply: Please provide resume to our hiring team via the
APPLY button below
Keywords: Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Huntsville , Victim Services Specialist - Alabama, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!