Lead, Systems Engineer
Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description: Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineering Job ID:
CS20230405-100412 Location: Huntsville, Al Job Description:
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer (Level 5)
for the Huntsville, Alabama location. This is an opportunity to
take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and
contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect
the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented
professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working
- Works directly with systems engineers and program managers
within L3Harris' customer community located in Huntsville, AL to
identify, manage, allocate, and/or derive allocated system
requirements from high level customer/mission requirements as well
as identifying the impact of requirements change to the allocated
- Participates in providing technical planning, system
integration, verification and validation, cost and risk
supportability, and effectiveness analysis for total systems.
- Participates in managing engineering subcontractors through
regular interactions, development of technical documentation and
coordinating design review activities.
- Participates in the logical and systematic conversion of
customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that
acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Support of functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade
studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies
to translate customer requirements into hardware and software
- Participates in the development of top-level specification and
manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Participates in the development of CONOPS and Use Cases
- Participates in analysis at all levels of total system product
to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation,
operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Participates in risk and opportunity with internal and external
customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and
respond to customer needs.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt
quickly to changing situations
- 7+ years of Communication Systems experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other disciplines
(Digital, RF, Mechanical, Software, I&T, Manufacturing,
- 6+ years' experience in Requirements managements, traceability,
and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- System Architecture development to meet project requirements
within project cost budget and schedule timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead teams in the role of Chief Systems Engineer
(CSE) over a pursuit, proposal, program or internal research and
development (IRAD) activity.
- Ability to interface with Customer organization to drive
understanding, agreement, closure though formal documentation of
the technical baseline.
- Ability to understand and be able to present the technical
baseline to the execution team through documentation oversight of
lower level specifications, informal working group and peer
sessions as well as formal design reviews. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of
prior related experience. Preferred/Additional Skills:
- C4ISR Systems and Operations experience
- Communication Systems experience
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter
systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- RF CONOPS for spectrum monitor
- RF Loopback Design, Alignment Procedures, Compoent Selection,
Cable Selection, Safety Analysis
- Phased Array Antenna Susceptability Analysis
- Familiarinty with DD1494
- System Cascsde Analysis
- Familiarity with Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) for MDA
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and
business acquisition process
- Knowledgeable in the application of Model Based Systems
Engineering (MBSE) process and tools #LI-Hybrid
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Huntsville , Lead, Systems Engineer, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...