Settlement Support Specialist
Company: R E Garrison Trucking Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Summary:The Settlement Support Specialist aids Driver
Managers by managing the payroll needs of drivers. Supervisory
- None. Duties/Responsibilities:Manages Payroll Data
- Manages and assists with all settlement duties and calls for
assigned fleet of drivers.
- Studies and checks driver payroll to eliminate errors in wages,
benefits, garnishments, and other deductions.
- Reviews negative settlement spreadsheet and proactively
identifies issues (I.e.: driver not expected to make a check or is
not set up for future success financially).
- Processes weekly transfers of payroll files from Operations
software to accounting software Performs Customer Service Functions
- Responds to calls respectfully and with a pleasant
- Responds to driver requests in a prompt and timely manner
- Provides informative answers to driver questions Performs
- Keeps organized spreadsheet of detention and layover for
assigned driver fleet and audits accessorials due.
- Requests missing paperwork (I.e.: BOL, lumper receipts, etc.)
throughout the week
- Scans documents and notates vital information into appropriate
- Acts as point of contact for all Comdata duties including but
not limited to setting up cards, replacing lost or stolen cards,
cancelling unused comchecks, etc.
- Performs other duties as assignedRequired Skills/Abilities:
- Must be customer oriented, have excellent communication skills
and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must work well in a team atmosphere.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to maintain Confidentiality and have good
time-management skills.Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Accounting/Payroll
- Prior experience in payroll administration preferred. Knowledge
of the trucking industry a plus.
- Comdata experience preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times. To accomplish this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or
without reasonable accommodation, each essential duty and/or
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The company has reviewed this job description
to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations
and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional
functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
company may deem appropriate. Employment with RE Garrison is
at-will, which means that either you or the Company can end the
employment relationship at any time with or without cause or
Keywords: R E Garrison Trucking Inc, Huntsville , Settlement Support Specialist, Other , Cullman, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!