Company: Reliance Worldwide Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of
facility goals including objectives in Environment, Health and
Safety (EHS) for all campuses. This role will be directly
responsible for the successful implementation of EHS programs and
- Develop and support programs and procedures to meet facilities'
objectives and targets. Key focus points include:
- Accident Prevention
- EHS Regulatory Compliance
- Waste Minimization
- Coordinate all EHS training.
- Implement, support and drive EHS Engagement programs at all
- Support and manage corrective actions from external audits
(i.e. EPA, Insurance)
- Contact for EHS Department and manage OSHA actions such as, but
not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance and informal
- Direct all applicable EHS reporting requirements in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Maintain necessary EHS records.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate EHS Policy and
- Ensure the training of new employees.
- Direct RWC's waste management (recycling) program.
- Support and integrate EHS into Lean, HR, and Supply Chain
- Other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- 25-50% Travel - minimal travel required
- Need to safely perform all duties.
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning,
plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and
other systems in the buildings.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that
affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to
detect problems as early as possible.
- Prepare waste streams for proper disposal.
- Support management of worker's compensation claims
- Ensure the safety of the buildings or establishment from fire,
flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in all
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service
division of the institution.
- Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement
trainings and sessions.Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree preferred
- Nationally recognized Safety and Health certification
preferred: CSP, CIH, OHST, PE, etc.
- EHS Training Requirements
- OSHA 30HR
- OSHA 511
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management
- Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT)
- 3-5 years of applicable experience in distribution or
- A strong working knowledge of EHS and OSHA regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in Ergonomics and Behavior-Based Safety a
- Can work independently.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Creative ability in ensuring the safety of employees and the
environment while meeting the needs of operations.
- Ability to plan and implement EHS programs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with management as well as with
associates from the floor.
- Must be able to travel and work out of the office.Technical
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations including 29 CFR
- Strong working knowledge of EPA 40 CFR and DOT 49 CFR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint).Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- This position will be in an office and distribution center
environment with travel required. Travel requirements will be based
- Job requires both sitting and standing. Excellent vision,
hearing, speech and motor skills are required to perform essential
functions of the job.
- Able to walk, bend, stoop and stand for up to eight hours a
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Required to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This position will be primarily in an office environment but
will also include warehouse, manufacturing plant and other
- Job requires both sitting and standing and agile flexibility to
move and connect equipment in various set-ups.Working Conditions &
Physical Demands:The essential functions have been provided as
examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to
this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify
the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so
that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The
job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of
duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general
nature of the position.
Keywords: Reliance Worldwide Corporation, Huntsville , EHS Coordinator, Other , Cullman, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!