Data Scientist, Senior Consultant
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Data Science Consulting
Up to 25%
Our consultants on the Advanced Analytics & Intelligent Automation
team help clients maximize the value of their data and automate
business processes. This high performing team works with clients to
implement the full spectrum of data analytics and data science,
from data engineering and querying to data visualization and
dashboarding, to predictive analytics, machine learning, and
artificial intelligence as well as robotic process automation
(RPA). Our services enable our clients to define their information
strategy, enable mission critical insights and data-driven decision
making, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust, and improve
operational effectiveness. Our consultants focus on client
services, while also supporting business development, internal firm
initiatives, and ongoing professional development.
What You Will Do:
- Provide the full spectrum of data science services to support
the mission of Defense clients.
- Belong to a collaborative team dedicated to Advanced Analytics
and Intelligent Automation.
- Support business development and internal team
- Continue career development in data science software, methods,
and consulting. What You Will Need:
- U.S. citizenship and Secret Clearance.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S./B.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Information
Systems, or other computational discipline OR B.S./B.A. along with
a professional development/bootcamp on data engineering
- Ability to analyze large and complex data sets (structured and
unstructured), with strong aptitude for conducting quantitative and
- Proficiency querying data using SQL.
- Strong understanding/experience in statistical analysis,
predictive modelling and machine learning, and other artificial
- Proficiency performing data science and statistical modeling
using Python or R.
- Experience developing data visualizations/dashboards using
Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik, and knowledge of Business Intelligence
- Ability to implement strong data management processes.
- Ability to create project plans.
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing workstreams/projects.
- Ability to independently lead workstreams responsible for
delivering data science services and products and making new
- Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to explain
technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Strong consulting skills: identifying and addressing client
needs, building relationships, driving initiatives forward. What
Would Be Nice To Have:
- M.S./M.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational
- Proficiency in a data visualization software such as Tableau,
Power BI, or Qlik.
- Familiarity with automation solutions including SharePoint
online, Power Automate, and UiPath.
- Understanding of database, data warehouse, and data lake
- Familiarity with data governance.
- Experience supporting business development including
RFP/RFQ/RFI responses and white papers.
- Knowledge of Public Sector domains (e.g., National Security,
Defense, Public Health, etc.) Additional Requirements:
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
- Selected Candidate must be able to work Eastern Standard
- This is an exempt level role that may require more than 40
hours of work per week.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility Stipend About Guidehouse
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via
email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential
and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Huntsville , Data Scientist, Senior Consultant, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!