LEAD TEAM MEMBER PT - pOpshelf
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: November 26, 2022
pOpshelfs mission is to make every day special by providing
shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for those special
things that make life better. pOpshelf offers an exciting, on-trend
and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home dcor, health
and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and party goods in
addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among
other items. There is fun in every find, surprise on every shelf,
and joy in every visit. As part of our customer-centered team, you
help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily
find the items they need and enjoy finding the things they want.
pOpshelf operates 70+ stores currently with plans to open 1,000 by
2025. Learn more about pOpshelf at www.popshelf.com.LEAD TEAM
MEMBER GENERAL SUMMARY:The Lead Team Member helps maintain a clean,
well-organized store and helps create a customer first store
culture through exceptional store standards. The duties of the Lead
Team Member include assisting customers in locating and purchasing
merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering
merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as
assigned by the Store Team Leader to maximize store profitability
and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead
Team Members perform the duties of a Team Member and act in a lead
capacity in the absence of the Store Team Leader or Assistant Team
Leader.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customers
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment
that delights our customers and employees.
- Assists in merchandising the store in a manner that is
appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines,
rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities to provide
a superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensure store condense and reset standards are maintained
consistently each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total
customers purchase, collect payment from customers and make change,
bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register
- Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk
- Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store
Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader in the Store Team Leaders
- Additional duties that may be necessary in the absence of the
Store Team Leader or Assistant Team LeaderKNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory
experience (or related experience/training) preferred.WORKING
CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as
hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise
containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money and
occasionally attend training meetings.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Exposure to strong scents and fragrances
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning
solutions.pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employerIndeed Job
Title: LEAD TEAM MEMBER PT - pOpshelf Requisition ID: 2022-242797
Street: 6275 UNIVERSITY DR NW STE 7A External Company URL:
Keywords: Dollar General, Huntsville , LEAD TEAM MEMBER PT - pOpshelf, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!