Assistant Range Safety Officer - (3601)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage
needed to solve our customers' and the nation's toughest
challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space
communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative
technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission
results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our
unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help
ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.An essential
part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect,
empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people,
ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our
customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that
are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest
strength. Your role:In your role as an Assistant Range Safety
Officer, you will directly support a wide variety of Department of
Defense programs. Using your skills and experience in safety you
will ensure the safe operations of your teammates in an active test
environment that includes live weapon systems of various types.
What you'll do all day:
- Work with a team of safety and test professionals.
- Apply Army and OSHA regulations.
- Apply hazard analysis and risk mitigation to maintain a safe
environment while meeting mission requirements.
- Research, analyze, and communicate operational procedures and
- Actively participate in hazard analysis working groups.
- Assist, develop, and conduct safety training activities.
- Assist, identify, and dispose of Unexploded Ordinance. You will
love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
- Are passionate about risk mitigation and implementing such
plans. Minimum requirements for this position:
- Five (5) years of applicable experience supporting engineering
or testing activities -OR- Two (2) years of applicable college
/vocational/military/technical school and three (3) years of
- Ability to research, analyze, and apply U.S. Army safety
- Experience in hazard analysis and risk mitigation.
- Occupational safety knowledge and application.
- Knowledge of Explosive Ordinance Disposal processes and
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Willingness to accept responsibility to enforce safety
measures, control range areas during testing and ensure the safety
of all personnel.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government
- Must be an US Citizen. Desired skills and experience for this
- Working knowledge of range safety.
- Experience in writing and applying Standard Operating Policies.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: ERC, Huntsville , Assistant Range Safety Officer - (3601), Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!