Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you have experience in multi-family construction and enjoy
managing a project from start to finish then we have an opportunity
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to
brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and
surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land
acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to join
our team as an Assistant Construction Superintendent. Assistant
Construction Superintendents are responsible for the overall
day-to-day and must have extensive experience with three-story,
wood frame construction, hospitality level finishes and
multi-family facilities. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of
experience in the construction industry, and be available to work
full-time with over-time on some Saturdays (as needed).
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising the
construction process from initial development of land through final
acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis. Includes
managing permits, construction trade contracts, company policies
and industry standards.
- Originating and maintaining schedules for all trades, with
assistance from Project Manager, and be responsible for the
contractor's adherence thereto.
- Holding contractors accountable for their performance through
straightforward communications, relating their performance to
payment for their services.
- Inspecting each trade's work and approving invoicing according
to contract payment terms.
- Managing personnel, overseeing the quality of construction, and
ensuring safety on the job site.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.Requirements,
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with and
supervise a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and well
- Able to review and interpret plans, specifications and
contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the
construction of the project.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce OSHA
- Able to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such
as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver's
license.Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on
all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment homeWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit
qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Huntsville , Construction Superintendent, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!