Company: Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments (TA
Posted on: November 25, 2022
TARCOG is seeking a vibrant Principal Planner to join our
Economic Development & Planning (ED&P) team. -
POSITION DESCRIPTIONThe Principal Planner is responsible for the
administration of the Rural Planning Organization (RPO) and related
regional transportation planning efforts; facilitation of local
comprehensive plans, downtown revitalization plans, zoning code
updates, and other local and regional planning technical
assistance; and the solicitation, preparation, and submission of
community and economic development grant applications. -Additional
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, local government
assistance and resource development; GIS mapping; administration of
ARC, CDBG, EDA, and other state or federally funded projects; and
related tasks as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Planning, Urban Studies, Public
Administration, Civil Engineering, or Political Science, and at
least two years of related post-graduate work experience.
- Local planning experience preferred.
- GIS mapping experience preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for preparing
and presenting plans, grant reports, and other related
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships
with local government officials and other regional
- Capacity to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and time
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as
- Driver's license and good driving record required.
Salary (based upon qualifications and experience): $55,000 -
$60,000; Full benefits package. -
To apply, submit a r--sum-- and brief cover letter to TARCOG's HR
Manager at email@example.com.
TARCOG is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Keywords: Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments (TA, Huntsville , Principal Planner, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!