Security - work
Company: Gadsden State Community College
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities DUTIES:
- Makes rounds inside or outside of buildings; watches for
prowlers, fires, or any other danger of loss or damage to
- Enforces institutional rules of behavior on grounds; reports
disturbances or suspicious circumstances which cannot be disposed
- Sees that lights are on or off as required and that doors and
gates are properly locked.
- Assists in securing all money during registration and end of
day as directed by supervisor or Business Office.
- Assists students with problems such as keys locked in car, dead
- Works ball games, dances, and other extra activities on campus
- Makes out daily report covering activities on shift.
- Makes trips out-of-town with papers, to pick up equipment,
- Provides assistance at the residence hall to maintain order and
security at that facility.
- In the absence of the mail clerk, picks up the mail at the post
office, sorts, and distributes to college personnel.
- Monitors traffic and parking on campus, citing those that
violate the school traffic or parking facilities.
- Assists the administration as necessary in processing
student/employee transactions after hours.
- Responds to emergencies to provide assistance to employees,
students, and visitors.
- Completes reports that accurately and thoroughly documents
details of accidents, altercations, threats, or other incidents
using correct grammar and spelling.
- Investigates complaints and interviews witnesses.
- Patrols campus areas and facilities on an irregular basis,
making note of possible safety and security violations.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Participates in professional development activities as required
to address any deficiencies or weaknesses identified by personnel
evaluations within the institutional effectiveness process.
- Assists with monthly inspection of buildings, fire
extinguishers, and safety.
- Monitors weather.
- Complies with all policies of the Alabama Community College
System and the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Note: The intent of this
description is to provide a representative summary of the essential
functions that will be required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be
assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring
departments. Specific job-related duties assigned by hiring
departments shall be consistent with the representative essential
functions listed above and shall not be construed as expanding a
particular positions role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.
Qualifications Initial Shift: 3rd Shift (must be willing to work
- Graduation from high school or GED certificate required.
- One year of experience as a security officer or similar work
- Must qualify with personal firearm according to current Alabama
Peace Officers Standards and Training requirements within first six
months of employment.
- Must obtain CDL endorsement within first year of
- Friendly personality; enthusiastic, positive attitude; evidence
of trustworthiness and ethical conduct; effective human relations
skills; strong work ethic. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Working knowledge of the buildings and grounds patrolled and of
the rules and regulations pertaining to admissions and exits.
- Working knowledge of the traffic regulations and rules of
personal conduct at the College and college policies.
- Knowledge of basic security operations and procedures.
- Ability to follow a prescribed routine in making rounds.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time both indoors and
out under varying work and climatic conditions.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and climb up and down
- Physical ability and alertness in apprehending prowlers and
- Ability to stay awake on a night shift.
- Good physical condition and strength; ability to lift 50 pounds
from the ground; ability to lift arms above the head.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Demonstrate sound judgement in emergencies and crisis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be able to work any shift on all campuses. Application
Procedures/Additional Information PROJECTED STARTING DATE: October
2022SALARY: Salary Schedule E-4, Grade 06 - $27,717 $43,478 based
on applicable experience.APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 21, 2022
4:00 P.M.APPLICATION PROCEDURE:Only complete application packages
will be given consideration for employment. Complete package
consists of (a) Gadsden State Community College application, (b)
letter of interest, (c) current resume; and (d) copies of high
school diploma/transcript or GED certificate.Application materials
must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum
qualifications.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
https://www.gadsdenstate.edu/about-us/employment.cmsIF AT ANY POINT
YOU HAVE PROBLEMS COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION, CONTACT THE HUMAN
RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT GADSDEN STATE
(email@example.com).Please Note: ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST
BE ELECTRONIC- It is recommended that you have digital (such as
pdf) copies of your cover letter, resume, employment verification
documents(if applicable), ALL required transcripts, and any other
document identified in the vacancy announcement ready when you
begin the on-line application process. You will be given the
opportunity to upload these during the process.
- When you finish the steps to apply, you will receive an
on-screen notice that you have successfully applied; however, this
notice does not mean your application materials are complete in
accordance with the vacancy announcement. All correspondence with
applicants regarding the College's search process will be sent via
e-mail.If you need technical assistance, such as resetting your
password or browser access issues after reviewing the instructions,
please contact: NEOGOV Customer Service: Monday-Friday 8:00 am -
5:00 pm PST (855) 524-5627 Applicants must adhere to the Colleges
prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.
Application materials are considered privileged and confidential
and will be used for employment purposes only.Gadsden State
Community College is an equal opportunity employer.It is the
official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including
postsecondary institutions under the control of the Board of
Trustees, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race,
color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, or
other classification protected by Federal or State law, be excluded
from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected
to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.
Gadsden State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
disabled applicants or employees. More than one position in the
same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this
position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at
any time prior to the awarding. Any offer of employment is
contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Agency Alabama Community
Keywords: Gadsden State Community College, Huntsville , Security - work, Other , Gadsden, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!