Company: CODE Plus, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
CODE Plus, a software engineering company headquartered in
Fairfax, VA is seeking a full-time, Senior level System Engineer to
support the NASA Space Launch System Hardware-in-the-Loop labs, and
System Emulator equipment from Marshall Space Flight center in
Huntsville Alabama.Qualifications: Degree in Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or related technical field is required.
Educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a
minimum of 4 years of experience; MS with at least 8 years of
experience, or a BS with at least 10 years experience.Required
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in areas with
demonstrable relationship to some of the Desired Experience
- Must have excellent written and oral technical communication
skills - must be able to clearly define and describe a technical
subject to peers across various engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of diverse individuals
and reach group consensus on technical topics.Desired Experience:
- Experience with hardware-in-the loop laboratories. Have a broad
technical capability to integrate real-time HWIL systems ranging
from detailed electronic subsystem and component functional
evaluation/analysis/modeling, to evaluation of large-scale system
level interaction across multiple avionics boxes and
- Previous experience with aerospace system design (e.g. space
launch vehicles, spacecraft, missile systems, aircraft), from
system specification through detailed design.
- Read and interpret avionics architecture diagrams, cable
interconnect diagrams, and associated system schematics.
- Electrical/Electronic systems and components operational
knowledge - including the design, analysis, and simulation of
circuits. Component & circuit knowledge should include foundational
R/L/C/Diode/BJT/FET components as well as devices such as op-amps,
instrumentation amps, opto-isolators, A/Ds, D/As.
- Previous experience assessing Avionics system behavior and
performing test design, test execution, test data collection, and
test data analysis for complex aerospace systems (e.g. space launch
vehicles, spacecraft, missile systems, aircraft).
- Electrical control and electrical power systems design,
integration & test for launch vehicles, aircraft, satellites, or
- Integration and/or simulation of sensors such as pressure
transducers, RTDs, thermocouples, accelerometers, etc.
- Integration and/or simulation of solenoid valves, servo valves,
or electromechanical actuators.
- Working knowledge of digital communication technologies such as
MIL-STD 1553B, RS422, and RS485.
- Working knowledge of Data Acquisition Systems, preferably
real-time systems.Additional requirements:U.S. Citizenship,
telework environment initially then office environment, domestic
USA travel (
Keywords: CODE Plus, Inc., Huntsville , Systems Engineer, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!