Sr. Lean Transformation Leader
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt-based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing.Senior Lean Transformation LeaderPrimary Duties
- Drive performance results and sustainment of gains through key
Gemba and DMM tools.
- Provide leadership in the development and hands on practical
application of Lean Enterprise tools and education.
- Act as lead for training and coaching of team members, ensuring
standardization and compliance to methods and workshops or
projects. Introduces and supports the use of new tools in assigned
- Drive a culture of problem solving and be able to train and
facilitate solving of simple and complex problems. Train all levels
of the organization in Lean methodology.
- Act as a change agent leading continuous process improvement in
manufacturing and transactional areas.
- Serve as technical content Lean Expert, provide coaching/advice
to peers and direct reports, facilitate teams to achieve continuous
improvement goals, train others in use of quality and continuous
improvement tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership by challenging conventional thinking,
establishing, and monitoring metrics and measurements, and build a
workforce that applies and utilizes Lean tools and techniques.
- Evaluate and recommend projects/programs providing
opportunities for improvements in key measurement areas (Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost), to achieve expected results, and
manage multiple projects with dynamic shifting priorities and
- Ability to travel over 10% of the time to other locations
within a specified region
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.Required for the Senior Lean Transformation Leader
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Project Management or related
field required; advanced degree preferred. Minimum of 8-10 years in
a manufacturing environment: or equivalent combination of education
- Experience managing staff.
- Experience/Certification with Toyota Production Systems
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
preferred.Preferred for the Senior Lean Transformation Leader
- Strong communication, leadership, and interactive skills that
that can work effectively across multiple cross functional
boundaries and have the ability to be involved with continuous
improvement problem solving tasks.
- Open and candid communication style with a willingness to
strongly challenge decision making processes prior to action.
- Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on
their own initiative.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business
skills. Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract
information.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Huntsville , Sr. Lean Transformation Leader, Other , Tanner, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!