QC Inspector, Quality - 2nd shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: May 16, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under supervision, the Quality Control Inspector I performs
receiving, in process, final, and/or lab certification testing on
components/materials received and finished products manufactured.
They apply a working knowledge of GD&T principles and
ALA - Shift 2 ($2) (United States of America - Alabama)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure compliance to Orchid requirements in inspection and
record keeping. Collect inspection data and report results.
- Maintain accurate documentation at all times during the
manufacturing and inspection process per Good Manufacturing
- Perform complete Device History Record review including
- Ensure all raw materials received meet specifications.
- Perform testing and inspection at various stages of production,
including visual and dimensional inspection
- Ensure customer specifications and other applicable internal &
external requirements are followed.
- Use handheld inspection tools for measurement purposes, such as
micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator, gage
blocks, and dial indicators
- Conduct physical inspection of product with gauging such as:
Thread gages, plug gages, pin gages, functional gages.
- Perform visual and/or cosmetic inspection of product following
applicable procedure(s) using appropriate light sources. Monitor
equipment to ensure proper operation and escalate any
- Communicate potential nonconforming situations to Quality
Engineering and Quality Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic manufacturing concepts
- Quarantine non-conforming or potential non-conforming parts or
- Work modified schedules to support production requirements as
- Complete First Article Inspections as well as receiving,
in-process, and final and packaging inspections against customer
requirements with minimal supervision
- Train inspection personnel
- Inspect customer-returned parts
- Under guidance, perform first piece inspections to support
production and perform internal manufactured first articles.
- Advocate for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Complete all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Experience in a Scientific Field (Preferred), Experience in Quality
Inspection and Lean Manufacturing (Preferred), No previous work
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
Any - American Society for Quality, Any - Technical Trade
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Working Experience), Collaboration (Working Experience),
Communication (Working Experience), Computer Knowledge (Working
Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience), GD&T (Working
Experience), Handwriting (Working Experience), Information
Processing (Working Experience), Layout Inspection (Working
Experience), Mathematical Ability (Working Experience), Problem
Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools
(Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience), Visual
Quality Assurance (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Huntsville , QC Inspector, Quality - 2nd shift, Other , Cullman, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!