Climatics Division Safety Officer - ERC
Company: Engineering Research
Posted on: May 16, 2022
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage
needed to solve our customers' and the nation's toughest
challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space
communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative
technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission
results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our
unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help
ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space. An essential
part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect,
empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people,
ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our
customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that
are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest
strength. Our -2,000 employees work on the most critical missions
in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense
Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E),
Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems
Engineering, and more. Our teams' current projects range from
engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to
platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering. Check
us out on ERC.US Your role: The Climatic Test Division has a highly
diverse test mission that covers complex missile modification,
MIL-STD-810 environments (inert and non-inert assets), and
Non-destructive Testing (inert and non-inert assets) to include
X-ray, CT, and Metrology. The Climatic Test Division personnel are
located at various buildings (to include Buildings 7280, 7290, 7292
and the Tactical Test Facility) on the Climatic campus, Building
7863 and Buildings 7625 and 7345 with expansion to an additional
building on the TA-10 campus; and support operations at Building
4500 and TA-5, which also support the Climatic Test Division. This
safety position will help to ensure safe practices are being
executed during testing of both live and inert assets in accordance
with applicable documented safety protocol. What you'll do all
- Work as a team member responsible for then compliance to the
U.S. Army Redstone Test Center safety program within the Climatic
- Educate and provide corrective actions for deficiencies
identified during inspections and assessments
- Develop, implement, and maintain documents, policies,
procedures such as Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work
Procedures (WP), including Test Safety Risk Assessments (TSRA) for
- Standardize reports, programs, and processes at the facility
and division level
- Chair division safety meetings, write meeting minutes, and
ensure action items are completed following meetings
- Assist with leadership, mentor, train, and educate teammates on
complex task such as safe missile disassembly, modification and
- Work collaboratively with the teams in the division in a 'boots
on the ground' approach to accomplish initiatives impacting
teammate safety, with a specific focus on missile operations,
ordnance initiation chains, functional testing, safe-and-arm
devices, etc. You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking Minimum requirements for this position:
- 5 years of experience directly related to: industrial,
facility, and personal safety and environmental programs.
- Army safety and environmental publications and regulations; and
drafting policies and procedures from DoD, federal, state, and
local government safety and environmental regulations for
application at the organization level.
- It is desired that the candidate possess an Educational
certification from an accredited college/university/ or Military
trade in safety engineering, Health and Safety Science, Health
Sciences or related discipline.
- Experience with the defense/military environment including
familiarity with missile testing, military equipment and test
evaluation is considered a plus.
- Familiar with U.S. Army safety and environmental
publications/regulations and OSHA/NFPA regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of Explosives (A&E) is highly
- A background in Explosive Ordnance Disposal is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with
experience delivering presentations and training subjects as well
as writing policies and procedures using DoD, federal, state and
local government safety and environmental regulations for
application at the organizational level.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess an active
Secret Security Clearance, valid driver's license and who are
high-energy, fast-paced, driven, organized and attentive to detail.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Knowledge of Arms, Ammunition and Explosives (AA&E), both
All-Up-Rounds and components
- Knowledge of AA&E initiations sequences, to include safe
and arm devices, initiators, fuzes, etc.
- Instruction and Training per OSHA and Army safety and
environmental publication and regulations (ex: DA-PAM-385-64), to
include both operations and equipment
- Ability to work with organization Subject Matter Experts, draft
Standing Operating Procedures and oversee complex operations with a
high degree of risk mitigation
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication
skills What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: Engineering Research, Huntsville , Climatics Division Safety Officer - ERC, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!