Company: Cargill, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate
your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who
are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish
the world. This position is in Cargill's agricultural supply chain
business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food,
feed and industry.
Job Purpose/General Description
The purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated
with the loading and unloading process. Operators in this position
are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the
loadout area, which includes Elevator depts with minimal
supervision. They will ensure that the equipment is fully
operational and in good repair. Interacts on a regular basis with
customers, operators, supervisors or other personnel.
Compensation: $23.93 / hourly
Shift: First Shift
Operators in this position:
* Operate all equipment associated with the loading process for
trucks, rail, and barges: including pumps and
* Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions are
* Operate computer programs needed to load finished products. Hand
write tickets if computer network is unavailable.
* Monitor inventory of tanks by reading levels on computer and/or
ascending ladder to top of storage tanks to take physical tank
measurements. Determine when to switch tanks for operations.
* Ensure quality of the product meets Food Safety guidelines and
customer specifications at loadout. Report all food safety concerns
immediately to supervisor.
* Process samples utilizing lab equipment to obtain and record
values on a computer spreadsheet and collect samples for several
* Work outdoors in a dusty environment.
* Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and
supervision: including process equipment.
* Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors
follow safety rules.
* Troubleshoot problems as required.
* Perform light maintenance, such as replacing valves,
troubleshooting conveyors and pumps, etc. while safely using
wrenches, air tools, hammers and various hand tools.
* Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for
environmental impact of the operation.
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility;
determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair
work. Enter notifications utilizing maintenance computer
* Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety
and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow
all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
* Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the
condition of the department, and work as a team member with a
* Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
* Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish
duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
* Assist other plant personnel as needed and will perform any other
duty as requested by the supervisor.
* Crosstrain in all areas of the elevator department.
Persons in this position must have the following knowledge, skills,
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be willing and able to work rotating 8- or 12-hour shifts,
including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional
hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies.
* Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work
in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist, reach and work on
* Must be willing and able to work in inclement conditions and
* Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
* Must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds with occasional
lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to open/close 100-pound rail car lids and doors.
* Must be able to wear respirator and required safety
* Must be computer literate including being able to enter and
* Must be able to learn computer software programs such as
Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SAP.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have very good time management skills.
* Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up
* Must be willing to accept accountability.
* Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance,
attendance record, safety record.)
Operators in this position will use multiple hand tools, PPE and
industrial vehicles to assist with job duties.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages
vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will
be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or
if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow
Cargill's safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask
mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Keywords: Cargill, Inc., Huntsville , Loadout Operator, Other , Guntersville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!