Posted on: June 12, 2021
The District Manager provides overall leadership and direct
supervision of approximately 6-8 Krystal restaurants to ensure that
the Brand Vision, Mission and Promise is being delivered and that
each Restaurant General Manager meets or exceeds the Annual
Operating plan established for each of their restaurants. The
District Manager accomplishes their objectives by role modeling
Krystal's Core Values and actively selects trains and develops
their managerial employees daily to achieve key results in People,
Customer, Sales and Profit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Krystal's Core Values while building high
performing Restaurant General Managers when selecting, training,
retaining and recognizing A+ talent utilizing Krystal's tools and
- Identifies and develops a pipeline of talent through effective
succession planning tools and best practices.
- Executes the Performance Management process consistently to
ensure employees are set up for success and held accountable.
- Partners with the People Services Team to ensure all stores are
maintaining legal compliance and being proactive in addressing
employee relation needs in the market.
- Partners with the Training department to achieve at least one
certified training unit in their area.
- Establishes plans to visits stores daily/weekly that involves
setting priorities, managing details and carrying out effective
coaching visits and providing recognition; working breakfast,
lunch, dinner, late night and weekend.
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in
resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or
exceed customer service standards.
- Coaches, drive excellence, recognize and hold their team
accountable around core operational procedures through the use of
the OSM and Company systems.
- Ensures that food safety standards are met in each unit
supervised through direct observation as well as follow up on food
safety audit results. Ensures that their management teams are
properly trained through Servsafe, TAPS, or State approved
- Ensures that restaurant level plans and marketing initiatives
are in place and being implemented. Responsible for helping the
General Manager execute local store marketing plans to drive year
over year sales growth.
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a
continual basis and coaches RGMs to take specific corrective action
to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets.
- Conducts period business reviews and contact meetings regularly
with the RGMs to build their capability to identify and drive
tactics to close performance gaps.
- Ensures that each store is within compliance of
- Shares best demonstrated practices with their team and across
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general
nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties
and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree preferred and Servsafe Certification
- Minimum of five years' experience in restaurant operations, 1
year of multi-unit store management experience, preferred; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Systems & Software - proficient level knowledge of Microsoft
Office software applications.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time between assigned
restaurants and meetings.
- Planning and Organizing - Accomplishes goals through
establishing priorities and organizing own workload to meet
deadlines in a timely fashion. Manages time wisely and effectively
prioritizes multiple, competing tasks. Plans, organizes, and
actively manages meetings for maximum productivity.
- Communication - Establishes, monitors, and improves
communication channels that foster open communications, upward,
downward, and among peers. Holds regular meetings to ensure timely
and accurate two-way communication within and between teams,
departments and all management levels. Matches the right medium
(e.g., phone, email, etc.) to the message and uses good judgment in
- Talent Management - Is aware of current bench and staffing
levels. Is able to identify/assess strengths and opportunities and
develops plans to maximize employee potential. Knowledgeable on
recruiting strategies to attract A+ talent.
- Results Oriented - Influences events to achieve or exceed
goals. Is dedicated to achieving outcomes without compromising core
processes, values, or procedures. Conveys a sense of urgency to
make things happen - wants results. Respects the need to balance
short- and long-term goals. Have the energy / work ethic to
maintain the pace required to produce company results.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Considers options and
alternative courses of action to make rational and realistic
decisions in a timely manner. Asks open-ended questions to gather
information and listens carefully to response(s). Uses resources to
gather collective ideas on issues to better arrive at a timely
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
- Electrical current
- Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents
I have reviewed and understand the requirements stated in this
Keywords: Krystal, Huntsville , District Manager, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!