Quality Control Manager
Company: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for overall quality control (QC) of assigned
projects. Implement project QC Program and monitor for compliance.
Develop, review and approve documentation and maintain records as
College degree in engineering, science or related discipline and
demonstrated CQC experience particularly on government contracts.
Current USACE or NAVFAC CQC Construction Management Certification.
Current 30-hour OSHA Construction Safety training.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years CQC experience on USACE or NAVFAC
- Experience conducting quality control on demolition,
remediation and/or construction projects, working on setting site
standards, serving as the individual that changes or improves
performance/quality on site, monitoring performance, and working
with project staff to establish procedures and standards for the
- Demonstrated successful leadership of subcontractors and
project teams in support of quality endeavors.
- Must work with USACE RMS system to submit documents and manage
project deliverables and reports.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to review, evaluate and develop appropriate quality
control policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with
field, project management, and client representatives.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Ability to pass a post-offer background check.
- Ability to pass post-offer physical and drug screen/BAT. Will
be subject to random drug screening
- Must be available for standby assignments and work scheduled
off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
- Must occasionally be available for extra hours.
- Must be able to travel as required and for indefinite periods
- Initial assignment is in Huntsville, Alabama.
USACE or NAVFAC CQC certified; Professional Project Manager
- Construction Management, engineering, engineering technology
degree or similar
- Some H&S experience and training is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Implement project QC Program and monitor for compliance.
- Develop, review and approve documentation and maintain records
- Ensure implementation of contract documents and plans, actively
promoting and supporting the quality control program at project
- Inspect and document the receipt of all materials to ensure
compliance with contract documents.
- Facilitate the submittal process, including materials, designs
- Ensure submittals meet the contract and project requirements
and are submitted to the client as required and in a timely
- Author quality related documentation (reports, logs, and
records), completing required information for daily reports and
client communications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide oversight to subcontractors, clients, and project team
members to ensure that construction activities are completed
according to design.
- Report quality and safety incidents.
- Ensure implementation and documentation of corrective actions.
Verify implementation and close-out corrective actions.
- Initiate stop work or re-work in coordination with the project
team in circumstances where nonconformance to prescribed work
MENTAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
- Communication - ability to read and interpret codes, contract
design drawings, specifications and procedures. Ability to write
routine reports, corrective actions. Ability to communicate clearly
and succinctly on a technical level.
- Skills - demonstrated success in teaching others quality
concepts and requirements.
- Reasoning - ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, and
- Ability to perform repetitive movements of the fingers, hands,
wrists and arms.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to and receives technical and operational guidance from
the Program/Project Manager(s) for assigned projects.
- Supervision of project support personnel (craft,
administrative, supervisors, etc.) as related to project QC.
- Maintain contact with Program/Project Manager(s), client site
operations management, and safety advocates.
- Direct implementation and administration of quality
- Review and provide comments and recommendations to
Program/Project Manager(s), relative to quality policies and
procedures, reports, and performance changes.
- Maintain working level relationships with other participating
entities responsible for QC in connection with the project.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed
to normal office conditions when not in the field. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. When working on
project site locations, employee may be exposed to hazards, extreme
weather conditions, loud noise, or be required to wear personal
protective equipment and respiratory protection.
Keywords: Aleut Support Services LLC - MAIN, Huntsville , Quality Control Manager, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!