Supply Chain Project Manager
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: June 12, 2021
LMI is seeking a skilled Army Supply Chain Project Manager in
Huntsville, AL. Successful LMI Supply Chain Project Managers
demonstrate competency in leading teams of funcitonal and technical
logistics and analytics professionals, project execution,
leadership, critical thinking, relationship management, and
business growth while upholding the highest standard of ethical
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of
government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics,
digital services, logistics, and management advisory services.
Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI
is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies,
free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free
of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with
the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized
services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health
care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can
make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who
share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package
with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment.
Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a
few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Lead a team of functional and technical experts in assessing
supply chain operations, identifying opportunities for enhancement,
and devising solutions.
- Act as LMI's interface with the Army Materiel Command to
facilitate successful execution a comprehensive fleet management
capability that assesses impacts from maintenance all the way
- Rapidly prioritize competing requirements, understand, and
simplify client requirements.
- Apply critical and analytical thinking skills to translate
complex information into understandable and impactful work
- Communicate with clients through written reports and oral
- Interface with senior leadership regularly
- Perform simple data analysis, develop briefings and papers for
all levels of leadership, and conduct research in support of supply
- Manage customer relationships with Army Material Command and
- Represent LMI at local industry forums and assist with
marketing/brand-building efforts in the Huntsville community
- Provide "voice of the customer" support to new capability
development efforts in the Logistics Service Line
- Serve as growth lead for Logistics Service Line in Huntsville
geographic region to include opportunity identification and
customer engagement with US Army, NASA, Missile Defense Agency, and
other federal agencies
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, supply chain
management, or similar logistics discipline. Graduate degree
- 20+ year's relevant work experience
- Must have experience in public sector supply chain management
- Excellent negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- Highly organized, systematic, and proactive in managing quality
and exceeding client/customer expectations.
- Understanding of how supply and maintenance interact within
Army Materiel Command.
- Knowledge of the interaction/integration of maintenance (field
and depot within Army enterprise) and supply chain planning.
- Working knowledge of LMP and how it is utilized in supply
planning and spares forecasting.
- Understanding of supply chain risk concepts
- High energy, enthusiasm, tact, ability to effectively interact
with senior executives from Government and industry.
- Availability for occasional travel.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. Active Secret clearance
or Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Huntsville , Supply Chain Project Manager, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!