Engineering Technician 2 - ERC
Company: Engineering Research
Posted on: June 12, 2021
****This position is for 3rd shift including weekends. DO NOT
APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR 3RD SHIFT WORK
SCHEDULE INCLUDING WEEKENDS
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800
employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our
culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our
employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service
received by our customers.
In your role as an Engineering Technician II you will support
climatic testing to include maintenance and operational setup of
all test equipment. These responsibilities include the setup,
monitoring, inspection, collection of test data and evaluating all
systems as defined in test plans. Must be able to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing to adequately translate data
into the proper format for report purposes. Previous experience
with computer hardware and software is preferred to program and
operate the various automated equipment and computers. Position
requires to work 3rd shift and weekends. The incumbent will be
expected to perform other duties as assigned. The technician will
ensure that all the environments for which a test item will be
conditioned to simulate, such as: rain, salt, fog, high
temperature/low humidity, high humidity/high temperature, altitude
and thermo-shock are properly calibrated, maintained and
operational and that the instrumentation and test equipment are
performing properly. The employee will monitor all test data
utilizing hard copy and automated equipment as well as perform
necessary steps to verify data compliance, insure consistency of
data and validate required tolerances. Previous experience with
computer hardware and software is preferred to program and operate
the various automated equipment and computers.
What youll do all day:
You will love this job if you:
- Work as part of a team of technicians / operators to conduct
- Use your skills to setup, monitor, inspect, collect test data
and evaluate all systems as defined in test plans.
- Support creation of data packages for engineers and
- Create documents that pertain to test failures and
- Perform routine checks on equipment for visual issues or
- Communicate with engineers, technicians, and customers to
discover and develop requirements with the goal of optimizing
current and future improvements to process.
- Verify compliance to test plans for accuracy while validating
tolerances needed for required levels / data.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including
engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Ability to obtain and maintain SECRET clearance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of applicable experience supporting engineering or
testing of hardware in the appropriate area of specialization; or 2
years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school
and 1 year of applicable experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Drug screen required.
- Able to work overtime as needed/required.
- Must be capable of working in a hazardous environment including
- Individual must have the capability of obtaining explosive
certification Level II.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government
- Must be a US Citizen.
What we offer:
- Associates degree in a technical field desired.
- Experience with PLCs is a plus.
- Previous experience working as an Engineering Technician
- Technical writing skills
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday
Keywords: Engineering Research, Huntsville , Engineering Technician 2 - ERC, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!