Software Engineer Associate -UASPO
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you looking to advance your career? Alion Science and
Technology is expanding in Huntsville, and we are looking for
motivated professionals to join our team and contribute to our
vision to be Many Moves Ahead!
This position will support the PEO Aviation UAS Program Office
in Huntsville, AL. Army PEO Aviation designs, develops, delivers
and supports advanced aviation capabilities.
The Software Engineer Associate conducts research in design,
development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications
software and systems that contain logical and mathematical
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with
equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning,
design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing
systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to
resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data
acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares
operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and
assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and
software requirements to determine feasibility of design within
time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and
others to design system and to obtain information on project
limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using
scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure
outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors
equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus
0 to 2 years of directly related experience. Professional
certification(s) may be required. In some cases, educational
requirements may be adjusted for comparable work experience. Work
experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or
uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new
technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Familiar with the principles, practices, and procedures used in
software and systems development.
- Experience with software development tools and programming
- An active Secret security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Secret
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Huntsville , Software Engineer Associate -UASPO, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!