The Engineering Tech provides technical support needed to
execute the required production plan. This position requires strong
leadership in the area of safe plant operation and adherence to
Safety/Environmental rules and policies. The position plays an
important role in optimizing fixed and variable unit costs, and
merges manufacturing and maintenance to leverage site resources as
efficiently as possible. This position is instrumental in leading
troubleshooting efforts with site electrical and instrumentation
issues when problems arise. This position is a solution and
innovation provider, as such plays a major role in the competitive
AS AN ENGINEERING TECH, YOU WILL:
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques to eliminate waste and
- Assist in monitoring efficiency and regulating inventory.
- Leads continuous improvement teams as Lean Champion, leading in
projects and initiatives.
- Performs or assist in programming on new and existing
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and
repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and
established procedures, requesting special service as needed.
- Works with vendors to source parts and to substitute OEM parts
with more economical options, designing and testing improved parts,
updating older electronics that are no longer
- supported by manufacturers to improve equipment
- Manages capital projects including identifying scope,
specifications, design, cost, milestones, and oversees installation
as well as the start-up and de-bugging of new equipment for the
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to maintenance
technicians in all aspects of their work.
- Evaluates, prioritizes and advises on engineering projects by
investigating costs, requirements, data, and necessary
- Serves as project manager for major equipment or facility
- Performs engineering and maintenance work if needed to complete
- Analyze work flows within and across all departments to
determine how the entire company can work better together to
achieve cost reductions and improve safety, quality, and overall
- Review production information to understand methods and
activities in manufacturing and services. This includes, but is not
limited to, production schedules, process flows and
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a
related discipline or an equivalent combination of work experience,
training and/or education may be considered.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years in manufacturing shop
- Must have prior project management experience.
- Must have demonstrated machine and equipment troubleshooting
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts, continuous
improvement and problem solving methodologies.
- The ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly and
efficiently is necessary.
- Proficient in computer applications; specifically MS Office, MS
Visio, MS Project, Autodesk Inventor
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% to support other facilities
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace
knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global
economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from
onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right
options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance
plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including
paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on
people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every
employee is valued and respected for their experiences and
perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment
contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation
and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is
fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility
to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming,
respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses.
Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and
connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values
and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to
work in the United States. This is not a position for which
sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such
as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for
work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran
status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any
discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or
using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by
sending an email to email@example.com.