We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and
problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of
safety. This position will directly impact the history of space
exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts,
you will plan, schedule, and support engine production at our new,
state-of-the art production facility in Huntsville, Alabama. The
Production Control group will establish, maintain and coordinate
production schedules with manufacturing and assembly areas. This
hands-on position requires strong communication, organization,
planning, and project management skills. The permanent location of
this position is Huntsville, Alabama.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise,
leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact
safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate and drive the schedule to
ensure on time delivery for service centers and integrated
- Schedule management throughout the day in order to maintain a
dynamic accurate schedule. Clearly communicate the status of each
- Coordinate the schedule, plan, and initial staging of
material/kits to all necessary areas of production and test.
- Communicate and coordinate upcoming work center load (capacity
planning) to provide visibility to area leads.
- Identify and communicate constraints in the production flow and
work with area leads to discuss possible solutions.
- Interface and communicate with internal customers for potential
impact or delays in the schedule.
- Coordinate with Maintenance team and Shop Leads for
preventative maintenance schedule for machines, where
- Management of WO Instance from creation to completion.
- Tracking and closure of all outstanding orders. (In all
- Coordinate all part handling that could involve having crates
built, packing material for outplant processes, etc.
- Notify procurement/programs of any parts gone missing or
adjusted out of inventory during physical and cycle counts.
- Updating estimated on-dock dates in scheduling system, ex:
assemblies in inventory ready for vehicle install.
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working
- Minimum of a AA or Bachelor's degree in business or
commensurate professional experience
- 5 years schedule management experience
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth dynamic
- Experience working with inventory and or database systems.
- Experience using and managing ERP/MRP systems
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
- Bachelors degree in operations management or supply chain
- Familiarity with MS Office software including MS Project
- Three or more years of experience using MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in a both development and production
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment
at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully
admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green
card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum
under 8 U.S.C. 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and
developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force.
Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their
qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the
establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust,
equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and
appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all
qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal
opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions
of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state,
and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law," please
see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin's Affirmative
Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in
order to participate in the application and/or interview process,
please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.