Senior Purchasing / Procurement Analyst
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Senior Purchasing / Procurement Analyst
CGI FEDERAL PROCUREMENT ORGANIZATION IS SEEKING A MOTIVATED, SR.
PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL WHO WANTS TO DEVELOP THEIR PROCUREMENT
EXPERTISE IN THE US FEDERAL MARKET AND GROW THEIR CAREER IN THE
GLOBAL PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN ARENA
THIS POSITION WORKS INDEPENDENTLY WITH MINIMAL SUPERVISION, AND
PROVIDES PROCUREMENT SUPPORT TO THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES
THROUGH THE FINANCIAL/ SHARED SERVICES ORGANIZATION.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Perform complex purchase transactions with dollar liability;
generate purchase orders accordingly.
• Review procurement requests for goods and services and ensure
compliance with company procurement procedures as well as US
federal acquisition regulations.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, pricing and payment terms; and
adequately flow down the necessary contractual requirements to
• Manage supplier relations; conduct due diligence on new
suppliers; maintain approved/disapproved supplier listing; manage
supplier conflicts/disputes etc.
• Lead source selection efforts to obtain adequate competition,
price reasonableness and cost savings.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of a variety of complex factors. Demonstrates
good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for developing
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to obtain necessary
information to complete all actions.
• Perform track and manage all outstanding action items to
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Acts as backup to other procurement team members
• Performs other duties directed by the Procurement Manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Bachelors degree plus 5-8 years of experience or equivalent
experience in lieu of education. In addition:
• A solid understanding of the Purchase-to-Pay procurement cycle
(sourcing, requisition, approval, purchase order, receipt, and
• A solid understanding of the sourcing process steps (requirements
definition, analysis category, strategy planning, vendor selection,
strategy execution, contract allocation).
• A good understanding of IT procurement, cloud procurement and
latest market trends
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and
• Organized, detail and customer-oriented, and dependable.
• Demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills when
interacting with internal, external clients and cross-functional
• Experience with Deltek Cost Point (a plus), Excel and other
Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to apply concepts of basic and advanced mathematics in
order to calculate discounts, interests, commissions, percentages
• Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of sales and
• Ability to work in dynamic environment and handle multitasking
• Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of
procurement compliance and supply chain risk management; recommend
• Advanced experience in government contracting and procurement
systems (CPSR, FAR, DFARS)
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain (SCM) Management activities
• Purchasing certifications
• Some Working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Codes (UCC),
contracts law and commercial contracting best practices
• Some working knowledge in IT Asset procurement and MRO-related
• Working knowledge of economic and accounting principles and
practices, the financial markets, banking and analysis of financial
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Huntsville , Senior Purchasing / Procurement Analyst, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!