Lead Electrical Engineer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking motivated
and talented Lead Electrical Engineers to join the Missiles and
Weapon Systems (MWS) Electrical Engineering Team in Huntsville,
Alabama. There are multiple (LEVEL 4)-positions available.The
Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and
growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing
top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and
Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we
deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent.- The
programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include
Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Next Gen Interceptor (contingent
upon award), precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air &
Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense
Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic
Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and
guidance system repair).Position Responsibilities May
Include:Electrical Electronic Systems Design:
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex
electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate
requirements into system architecture, hardware and software
designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet
operational and functional requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure
system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of
fielded hardware and software over the entire product
- Researches technology advances for potential application to
company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.Electrical
Design and Analysis:
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and
development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications
for various electronic products.
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent
with requirements and specifications.
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure
compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures
to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with
make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product
designs to meet projected requirements.Electrophysics:
- Develops and validates requirements for various complex arious
communication, sensor, power, GN&c and other electromagnetic
systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for
electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects
- Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and
components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and
other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and
system performance and to optimize design around established
- Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to
validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner
performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from
manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to
resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating
development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required
inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Generates major sections of proposals to support development of
- Works under minimal direction.This position requires an active
U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active)Basic Qualifications (Required
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering processes and
- Experience working both independently and in a team
environmentPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience applying engineering processes and principles
- Experience/domain knowledge of system architecture,
requirements, interface definition, verification, and
- Experience with complex systems development and
- Experience modeling or simulating complex systemsTypical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for
eligible internal candidates.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Shift:This position is for 1st shift
Keywords: BOEING, Huntsville , Lead Electrical Engineer, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!