Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SUMMARY: The General Superintendent is responsible for managing
theSuperintendents and field employees; ensuring that
Superintendent and Foremenduties and responsibilities are met;
training, mentoring and developingemployees; vehicle fleet
management duties.--In addition, there are responsibilities for the
following activities:productivity, quality control, labor cost,
establishing employee wages,movement of manpower, procurement of
materials and any other activity impactingthe successful completion
of each project. ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns the Superintendent and Foremanfor each project.
- Responsible for monitoring theCompany's projects in the
field.--Provides assistance to the Superintendent in planning the
job, orderingmaterials, and manpower.
- Schedules and provides labor, asneeded. Reviews and monitors
laborefficiencies, hours, and ratios. Projectthe labor needs for
the branch or division and updates monthly.
- Tracks and monitors materials costs,storage, consumed, and
ordered to identify potential problems while minimizingcost and
over runs to the Company.--Prepares, reviews, distributes, and/or
maintains all requiredinstallation documentation. EnsuresCompany
policies and guidelines are followed.
- Works with Training and Developmentteam to ensure needed
training and certificates (licenses) are completed.
- Monitors and addresses safety hazardsor potential problems with
Superintendents, Foremen and Safety Managers.
- Maintains on going and opencommunication with General
Contractor, Superintendent, Foreman, site managementand employers,
Project Managers, and customers.--Provides technical support, as
- Monitors codes and specifications,installation methods.
Maintains thoroughknowledge of the systems and equipment being
- Attends meetings with GeneralSuperintendent, Company
management, Contractors, Foreman, and others, to keepthe
installation on track, and address concerns, etc. Interacts
effectively with clients,contractors, management, and other
employees while promoting a positivecustomer service environment
and positive work climate.
- Visits job sites to walk throughprojects reviewing and
inspecting installation methods and quality of workperformed. Meets
with Superintendent,Foremen, General Contractor, and site
personnel, as needed.
- Creates a team environment:a positive, well-organized,
proactive force to support profit and growth of theCompany.
- BA/BS Degree in construction or degreein a related field a
- 10 years field experience including asa Foreman, or similar
area; or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, andhealth guidelines for
construction job sites
- In-depth understanding of constructionoperations and
- Familiarity with CAD software
- State Journeyman License may berequired. Nicet Certification
may berequired. Forklift Certificate, Ramsetand Scissor Lift,
Confined Space, Trenching, Scaffolding, and Fall
ProtectionCertificates, preferred; or general knowledge of these
classes required. CPR and First Aid Competent PersonCertified.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Organizational and time-managementskills PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described hereare representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the
essential functions of this job.
- Utilize ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Full squats, stoop or kneeling. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
- There may be a variety of weather conditions while on jobsites
such as rain, snow, heat.
- There may be high noise levels while on jobsites.
Theinformation contained in the job description is for compliance
with theAmericans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an
exhaustive list of dutiesperformed by this position. Additional
duties are performed by the individualscurrently holding this
position and additional duties may be assigned by theSupervisor or
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Huntsville , General Superintendent, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!