Mid Level Systems and Project Engineer
Posted on: August 28, 2020
OverviewModern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a
Mid-Level Project/Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most
important and critical programs to our national defense and
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We
challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support
and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's
success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know
what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall
meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits:
- 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a
separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our
founding in 1993.
For additional company information, please visit:
www.mtsi-va.comResponsibilitiesMTSI is seeking a Systems/Project
Engineer in direct support to a Government (Missile Defense Agency)
program office in Huntsville, AL. This position will apply the
appropriate science, technology, and engineering support necessary
to ensure capabilities are developed through all phases of the DoD
acquisition program framework applying technical and technical
management processes to integration of multiple systems ;
interacting with program IPTs regarding the proper application of
systems engineering processes; and using top-down design and
bottom-up product realization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and apply system engineering and technical management
processes at the component, system or systems-of-systems
- Plan, organize, conduct and/or monitor, and analyze engineering
activities relating to the design, development, fabrication,
installation, modification, and sustainment of systems or systems
components across multiple functional specialties (i.e.
Acquisition, Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Operations, Test
and Evaluation, etc.)
- Utilize engineering skills to validate developer's system
- Plan, conduct, monitor, evaluate and assess engineering
activities relating to the design, development, and/or analysis of
hardware and software technologies, sub-system components and
- Evaluate future operational system requirements, prioritizing
system changes into technical roadmaps for spiral upgrades into
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently
and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal
guidance and within rigid timelines.
- Good analytic and critical thinking skills and the ability to
apply them in a multi-tasking environment where more than one
project may require his/her participation at any given time
(typically one primary project and one or two ancillary
- Outstanding communication skills in conveying complex technical
issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital
products. The candidate must also have outstanding technical
writing and presentation development skills.
- 5+ years of directly related technical engineering
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition/systems engineering
- MDA experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Physics or Operations Research
- Top Secret clearance with in-scope SSBI and current SCI
(TS/SCI); experience working on classified and special access
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI
Keywords: MTSI, Huntsville , Mid Level Systems and Project Engineer, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!