Senior Systems Test Engineer - GATR (Hardware)
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Cubic Mission Solutions
Responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of
test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent
will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop
system requirements analysis, system configuration data and test
activities to ensure required system performance and reliability
standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is
to drive design, development and test activities from the system
requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of
tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, and
developing and tracking system test metrics. This position
typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents
of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making
JOB SUMMARY: Performs test engineering assignments following
designated standards and procedures. Duties include the application
of well-defined test techniques and are of a fundamental nature and
moderate degree of complexity. This position typically works under
general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will
regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with engineering leads to develop and validate system
* Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system
test concepts and objectives.
* Works closely with internal engineering teams to create test work
products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and
* Identifies test resources and need dates.
* Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test
* Conducts integration and formal system tests.
* Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness
* Provides technical guidance and training to junior test
* Develops and manages test budgets and schedules.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or
* Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to
evaluate test alternatives.
* Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective
actions resulting from reviews and audits.
* Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet
* Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Four year college degree in engineering, computer science,
information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a
minimum of five years of experience, or a Master s of Science
degree and three years of experience.
* Requires knowledge of system test engineering concepts.
* Experience with conducting testing in accordance with MIL-STD-810
* Experience with MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office
* Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
* Must have strong presentation and organizational skills.
* Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors,
databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets.
* Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering
systems and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under
deadline and budget constraints.
* Use of standard hand tools, and special and general-purpose test
* Travel, both domestic and foreign may be required in performing
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer,
We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination
based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected
by applicable law
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Huntsville , Senior Systems Test Engineer - GATR (Hardware), Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!