Boeing Graduate Researcher- Applied Math
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.The Applied Mathematics organization in Boeing
Research and Technology has an exciting opportunity for a PhD
candidate to join our organization. - The Applied Math organization
comprises of the most concentrated group of mathematicians in
Boeing. We lead/conduct research & development and provide
consulting for business units on a wide variety of mathematical
technologies, including applied statistics, operations research,
geometric modeling, optimization, computational mathematics, and
data fusion.As -a researcher -in the Applied Mathematics
organization -at Boeing, you'll gain hands-on experience, learn
from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing
things.Position Responsibilities:Over the course of our 10-12 week
-research experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in applied mathematics - finding
solutions to real world problems.
- Experience our products up close by touring our
state-of-the-art manufacturing and research - -facilities.
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy
and the future of Boeing.
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the
aerospace industry.Basic Qualifications:
- Currently a PhD candidate in Applied/Computational -
Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or a closely related
- Ability to grasp business and engineering problems to
formulate, analyze, interpret and communicate results to the
business and engineering communities.
- Significant experience in computational techniques and
programing languages as applied to applied mathematics, statistics,
or operations research.
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the
summer.Relocation benefits are available to eligible
candidates.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Boeing Graduate Researcher- Applied Math, Other , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!