Lead-Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: May 18, 2019
6J7BP5Boeing is seeking a Lead-Senior Software Engineer (Level 5)
to join the Design Engineering team on the Patriot Advanced
Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile-defense program.
The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing RADAR
seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting
production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a
multi-year contract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3
RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and
manufacturing as new upgrades are incorporated into production.
This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville due to
design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities
Primary Responsibilities as applicable to the PAC-3 program:
- Develop, document, and maintain radar seeker software
architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and
- Development of code and integration of complex software
components into a fully functional software system.
- Development of software verification plans, test procedures and
test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting
test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and
- Development, selection, tailoring and deployment of software
processes, tools and metrics.
- Leads software fault resolution and continuous improvement
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains,
system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Leads, coaches, and evaluates technical efforts of other
members of software team to ensure product and process conformance
to project plans and industry standards.
NOTE: Through August 2019 there may be extensive travel (> 25%)
to California while site consolidation activities are
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Applied Math, or related technical degree.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or higher)
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Experience developing real-time, embedded software
- Knowledgeable of mathematical radar detection and tracking
- Masters degree (or higher) preferred
- Experience with radar systems test planning and execution
- Experience with data bus communication and interface
- Understanding of electro-magnetic propagation physics
- Extensive experience with software languages such as: C, C++,
Ada, Visual Basic, or others
- Experience with software tools such as : Green Hills, Clear
Case, LabVIEW, and/or MATLab
- Experience with Software Project Management, Configuration
Control, and CMMI
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more
years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited
course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time
Missiles and Weapon Systems
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Lead-Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!