Principal/Sr. Principal Computer Systems Architect
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Huntsville, AL is seeking a Computer Systems Architect for a fast-paced, growing, dynamic program in support of the Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS) system contract supporting the US Government Counter Rocket Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM) Program Office. The AMDWS Software Engineering Program is the US Army's Program of Record (POR) for Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Force Operations (FO), and is the central component of the Air and Missile Defense Planning and Control Systems (AMDPCS) and the Air Defense and Airspace Management (ADAM) Cell.
The qualified applicant will perform various levels of software deployment, configuration, integration, test, and verification in both standalone and integrated environments. The responsibilities include identifying software issues, creating defect reports and procedures to reproduce identified problems as well as investigating other reported defects and problem areas. In addition the duties will consist of product demonstrations, critical integration events and regression testing activities that support successful software releases to externally supported facilities. These facilities include locations such as the Central Test Support Facility (CTSF), the AMDWS NGC program office and development site in Huntsville, AL, Fort Sill, OK as well any other associated contractor or government test and engineering facilities. Candidate must be able to work comfortably and effectively as an individual as well as a cohesive team member. The applicant shall have strong interpersonal skills allowing them to work well with sponsors, DoD personnel plus other DoD contractors.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
* Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
* Educational Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
* Paid Time Off
* Health & Wellness Resources
* Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* BQs for a Principal Computer Systems Architect: Bachelor's degree and 5 Years of relevant experience; or Master's and 3 years; or PhD and 0 years. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* BQs for a Sr. Principal Computer Systems Architect: Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience; or 7 Years with Masters; or 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Possess a current Secret Security Clearance
* Possess a Security+ Certification
* Well versed in software integration practices and be able to work effectively and independently to meet deadlines
* Able to express technical ideas and opinions effectively
* Possess strong analytical skills, ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
* Understanding and ability to perform within a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative working environment
* Windows Operating Systems (OS) system administration
* Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, FTP and HTTPS
* Integration and Testing experience with Army Battle Commend Systems (e.g, FBCB2, AFATDS, TAIS, S2MC)
* Familiarity with Army Military Standards (e.g., MIL-STD-6017, USMTF, MIL-STD-2525B
* Familiarity of the following systems: Counter Rocket Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM); Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI); Advance Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS); Tactical Airspace Integration Systems (TAIS)
* Familiarity with Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) applications, Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) applications (e.g, DDS, C2R, TIGR), tools, and configuration management systems (e.g, TeamConcert)
* Knowledge/experience with deployment of Tactical Internet and War Fighting Information Networks (WIN-T)
* Experience with network installation and setup
* CCENT certification or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Principal/Sr. Principal Computer Systems Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!