JSEG GN&C Software Engineer (Mid Level) (AER000139)
Company: Jacobs Technology
Posted on: February 14, 2019
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) team is a high performing group executing challenging tasks to design and integrate GN&C systems for projects ranging from CubeSats to NASA's Space Launch System. We are searching for highly qualified candidates to support NASA's Lunar Cargo Transportation and Landing by Soft Touchdown (CATALYST) program in the Control Systems Design and Analysis branch at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. This exciting work will enable the delivery of payloads to the lunar surface and supports future lunar science and exploration missions!
JSEG offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
Day to day activities include:
- Supporting the integration, verification, and validation of GN&C flight software.
- Identifying control system changes, as needed, to successfully complete the testing program.
- Analysis of GN&C system performance in the time and/or frequency domain.
- Working with customers, suppliers, leads and peers.
- Creating, editing, and debugging software written in C/C++, Matlab, and Simulink.
- Preparing and presenting technical reports and briefings.
- Creation and review of engineering and software documentation. To discover more about:
The Huntsville area, visit
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
To be successful in this position, the applicant must be detail oriented, work independently and collaboratively, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and must have the ability to:
- Understand the relationship between GN&C products and other integrated systems.
- Conduct Processor and Hardware In the Loop (PIL/HIL) testing.
- Solve complex integration issues and clearly communicate issues and solutions.
- Work effectively in a multi-discipline team. Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Model based design.
- Design and development of flight control systems.
- Modeling and simulation.
- Static and dynamic software analysis.
- Avionics, emulation, embedded real-time systems. Essential Functions
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- provided by Dice JSEG GN&C Software Engineer (Mid Level) (AER000139)
Keywords: Jacobs Technology, Huntsville , JSEG GN&C Software Engineer (Mid Level) (AER000139), IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!